Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phonebook + gmail contacts

So just switched over to a Razr M and loving it so far. Ran into this one problem. I was having issues with Backup Assistant Plus and decided I would just start using Gmail contacts instead. Got that all imported and syncing with the phone just fine, all my contacts show up in the People app and all is well. Except the main "phonebook" doesn't seem to natively use this, so I can't open "Phone" or "Text Messaging" and search for the contact from there. This also affects my car's ability to download the phonebook via bluetooth as it also doesn't seem to see these gmail contacts.

Any ideas on what bit I'm forgetting? I've combed through loads of options and can't seem to figure this missing magic.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Phonebook + gmail contacts

Never mind here, finally figured it out. When I imported the csv into Gmail from teh backup assistant export it didn't import very clean. The numbers are stuffed in a "Notes" field in gmail contacts now, preceded by Home Number or Mobile Number.