Some questions for existing M users

Moondoggy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm still in the process of determining what phone to upgrade to and I have some questions for existing M users.

Can you provide me with the Pro's and Con's of the M for me to consider? I'm down to the M and the Galaxy S3. I've test driven the S3 and liked it except for the size and the fact that I had a few lockups. I primarily use my phone for voice, text, email, browsing the internet and navigation. I have used my camera but only sparingly and don't play games or use it for entertainment. My HTC Incredible is not reliable and has a short battery life. I'm interested in a phone that has good reception and is reliable and has a decent battery life that would allow me to use the phone as needed during the day without having to worry about running out of juice. I need to know from existing users how the M stacks up.

Has anyone had the M lock up on you? My HTC Incredible locks up on my frequently and isn't recoverable unless I pop off the back cover and remove and re-install the battery. Since the battery in the M is built in how does one recover from a hard lock?

When I got my Incredible I was told that I needed a screen skin even though the phone had Gorilla Glass. Is a skin required/recommended for the M or not?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would strongly recommend the RAZR Mini! I was actually bidding on RAZR Maxx, on ebay, when I happened to find the Mini even existed.
I read about it, A LOT, and went to the store to hold it. I was sold! I was really thrilled to find an alternative to those giant phones!
I have not read or heard about the SG3 have great battery life.
The battery life, for me, is not a great as some M owners, but I believe it is because I live in a waek signal area. With that said, the Mini gives me FAR superior battery life over my previous Droid X....superior. Smart Actions really helps. I also let my battery drain completely, a couple times. That along with use, I believe conditioned the battery in a positive way.
I can't think of a con, really.
Have yor read these?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-m/233137-razr-m-problems.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-m/219335-amazing-i-finally-found-my-perfect-phone.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-m/228838-hows-m-battery.html

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
If you need to do a "battery pull" on the RazrM, all you have to do is hold down the power button and the volume down button at the same time for a few second and it forces the phone to reboot. Just like a battery pull. I've had mine for about a month and its never locked up on me. I actually had mine on for 9 days straight with no slowdown or lag. And the battery life is very impressive. I usually get 24 to 30 hours out of a charge. I was leaning toward the GS3 myself. I'm glad i went with the M.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

toddbecker#CB

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Get it, don't think about it any more. I believe a screen protector (and case for that matter) are unnecessary unless you are looking for resale value and want to keep it pristine. There is a bezel around the glass, so face down the glass doesn't touch the surface the phone is on.

My battery life is fantastic, smart actions and smart wifi toggler are the only battery savers I use.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

cq

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I came from a Galaxy Nexus and am very pleased. The form factor is perfect, the hardware is very good, the radios are excellent, and I get great battery life (only use SmartActions). I was worried about the screen resolution but I actually think it looks great and have to really struggle to see any pixels. There are tiny little things that bother me about the phone, but no phone is perfect. The only real cons I see are the camera is not great, and the gallery doesn't sync all your albums. Other than that, I can't think of anything right now.

TeixeiraTampa

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
PRO: Battery life is 3 X better than IPhones or most other Droids; Fast Operating System; Lots of functions I am still learing after a month
CON: Camera not as good as my Incredible

Mostly really like it!!:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance