Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to Forums. Rooting Advice?

Considering rooting my RAZRM. Figured I would post here and see if people were happy or not happy with their decision to root their phone. Any issues that I should be aware of specifically with this phone? Anything extra cool? Any websites you recommend? Maybe a list of ROMS that are available?

I did a little research on rooting but still pretty much a noob. Any helpful advice would be appreciated!

Default Re: New to Forums. Rooting Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsfan82 View Post
    Considering rooting my RAZRM. Figured I would post here and see if people were happy or not happy with their decision to root their phone. Any issues that I should be aware of specifically with this phone? Anything extra cool? Any websites you recommend? Maybe a list of ROMS that are available?

I did a little research on rooting but still pretty much a noob. Any helpful advice would be appreciated!
    I am 100 percent satisfied. Check out the RAZR M sections on Xda and droidrzr.com.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: New to Forums. Rooting Advice?

I am starting to have some pieces come together but the picture of what exactly I should be doing is still blury.

I can't really find a list of essential things I need to do when I root my phone so I am slowly trying to piece them together.

So far I have NAND Backup / Restore
    Custom Rom probably an option, even though there aren't a ton for the RAZR M right now?
    heard something about safestrap?

Like I said still very fuzzy...

Another thing I am still a little fuzzy on is exactly how I know which apps are geared towards users that are rooted..