Lose text to voice when Bluetooth connected
When I am connected to Bluetooth in my car I lose text to voice for text messages and turn by turn directions. This is on a rooted Droid Razr M is anybody else having the same problem? Or any ideas on how to fix it? Double checked volume settings and text to voice settings.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- 02-04-2013, 10:01 PM #2
- 03-21-2013, 04:55 PM #5
- 03-22-2013, 08:07 AM #7
- 1 Posts
Re: Lose text to voice when Bluetooth connected
I think it is a limitation of your car's bluetooth system. I have Mazda CX-9 and a Razr M and have the same problem, but don't have any problems with other BT devices. When you engage the voice command, the phone thinks the input will come from the car because that is the way BT is designed. But the car doesn't know this (wasn't programmed to be smart enough) so your phone never "hears" your voice because the car system is doing nothing. Hopefully one day your car company will issue a software update, but don't hold your breath.
- By Topgonzo in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
- By TonyLibations in forum HTC EVO Shift 4GReplies: 18Last Post: 06-23-2012, 09:10 PM
- By theswanns in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 2Last Post: 03-08-2011, 06:44 AM
- By skurek in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
- By Double Tap in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 4Last Post: 05-02-2010, 09:13 PM