RAZR M Battery Life
03-02-2013 08:05 AM
- Now I know that Motorola boasted a proud 20hrs of mixed use, but of course I'm not getting that. I'm not expecting any RAZR M to get it, but what I would like to know is how long everyone else's battery life is holding up.
I rarely get below 8hrs if ever and that's some hardcore use. Today, for example, I left my backlight on the lowest setting and used it very much the usual way. Since I'm on campus a lot of the day my WiFi is going full force the majority of the time and my service is spotty depending on what class room I'm in but normally I'm on 3G. I listen to music borderline constantly, and, other than today, normally stream about half of it from the cloud.
In conclusion, I got about 11hrs today, and rarely do I get more than that. I have a warranty and insurance, and all that jazz so if mine has spectacularly less life, which I'm sure it doesn't, I'd like to trade it in for another since our batteries are hardwird *facepalm*.
Thanks everyone02-14-2013 06:26 PM
- Wifi and gps on all the time. Mostly on 4g, sometimes drop to 3g depending where I go throughout the day. A little surfing, a few phone calls throughout the day. Not a heavy user. I charge at nite, and phone gets unplugged at about 6am every morning. By ten at nite battery is between 75 and 85%--I'm really happy with the battery life. I've tried all the battery saver stuff (turning off wifi away from home etc.) but never found there to be much change. Love this phone!
Bob02-15-2013 06:09 AM
- I'm thrilled with the battery life I make very few calls, but use twitter, email and the web extensively through the day. I have 4 email addresses that are checked (1 IMAP, 1 Gmail & 2 POP) I keep wifi on. I am mostly in 4G areas but sometimes drop to 3G when the signal isn't great (I have a great signal at home and adequate signal at work) My phone is unplugged from 6am to about 11pm and I usually still have 70% to 75% battery remaining when I plug it in. Wednesday night I forgot to plug it in at all and made it all the way through Thursday (so 6am Wednesday to 11pm Thursday) and still had 25% battery left. Even when my kid takes my phone and plays games for an hour, I still have plenty of battery to get through the day.02-15-2013 08:50 AM
- Try turning data off, during extended periods of spotty service. The constant in and out really takes a toll.
Smart Actions are great, for this, when going to the same spotty service areas, regularly. I have my data turn off, when at work, because my building is a poor service area. I still have access to txt and phone.02-15-2013 02:11 PM
- I get amazing battery life out of my RazrM. I don't use any smart actions. 2 hours talk time, emails, playing games and some you tube and I'll still have 20% battery when I go to bed. I pull my phone off the charger at 4 30am, and plug it back in at 10 or 11. I leave data and background sync on as well. You WILL get better battery life if you turn off your data when you're not using it for a while. Absolutely no regrets getting this phone.
Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums02-15-2013 06:08 PM
- I use mine a lot to talk throughout the day. I am probably an average texter and light web surfer and music player. I do however love playing games, using apps, and reading books on it (usually only at home using WiFi). I use the SmartAction battery save options and turn off WiFi when I'm away from home and bluetooth and sync off unless I'm actively using it. I also use like 5 alarms in the morning too. This is about average of what I get out of it, charged up at 10:30 am (100%), then at 8/9 pm (50-65% left usually) I'll charge until I'm at least 75% and then the following morning I'm not a lot less then what I was when I went to bed, maybe 10% or so depending on if I played games before bed. If I'm out all day and using my phone a lot I'll charge in the car a little or if I'm on it a ton more than usual or listening to music a lot I may charge it for 20-30 minutes when it drops below 45%. But so far I've never been to the point of worrying my phone was going to die. I did read a suggestion on extending battery life that said not to charge a cell phone over night. That smart phones can charge fairly quickly,3 hours or so should put a Razr M to full batter or close to it from 0, and you can jack up the battery leaving it plugged in so long after it's fully charged as far as the battery's calibration-not capacity. Something about the reversal of the electrical current so that when you unplug the phone it drops immediately and shows that it isn't fully charged anymore. Also that the batteries used last longer if you don't allow them to run until dead or nearly dead. The type of batteries used are meant to be in continual use with a constant charge (they recommended not to let your battery drop below 15-20% without recharging). Supposedly there is even a difference in your phone dying and turning itself off versus your phone having a charge on the battery and you powering it off. Even though in both instances your phone is powered down, the battery itself still has a charge and this helps maintain the battery integrity. I try to follow that advice and so far my battery is going strong.02-27-2013 12:39 PM
- Link to previous discussion on this subject:
I get about 4 days if I don't use it too much.02-27-2013 08:44 PM
- My battery life was great I could get three days on a charge but the last two days something has been draining my battery rapidly. Last night I shut the phone off and gave it a full charge, this morning it has been on for only about two hours and has already lost 5% of it's charge. wifi is using between 25 - 30%. When I look at the wifi indicator it seems that every few seconds it is recieving. I haven't added anything I did a couple of app updates the other night, Chrome was one also one day my weather app was not updating so I rebooted the phone and that started to work.03-02-2013 08:05 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid RAZR M
RAZR M Battery Life
- By fatboy97 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 204Last Post: 12-26-2013, 07:38 AM
- By droidntn in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 12Last Post: 09-16-2012, 09:19 PM
- By ekmickens in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 17Last Post: 12-03-2011, 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD