Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Repairing camera glass

Can anyone tell me how to remove and replace the Motorola Droid Razr M Battery Door Glass Lens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Repairing camera glass-oem_motorola_razr_i_xt890_battery_door_glass_lens_1_.jpg  

Default Re: Repairing camera glass

Hey did you ever get this fixed? I need to replace mine too.

I do have some advice though: I broken mine by trying to pry it out from the little insert at the top toward the middle. I put a razor blade there and pulled up gently, it snapped and shattered :/ However from disassembling the rest of the device, there is adhesive all around the phone. so I would try heating it up then prying VERY gently.

Otherwise please share where you are at with this, thanks!

Did anyone find a solution to this? I have ordered the replacement glass but don't know how to replace it.

Anyone have a DIY instruction on this? I just ordered the glass. Is it as simple as heating the glass up with heat gun and prying the glass off with a razor blade. Put new glass adhesive down and put the new glass back on?

I just removed my, I cracked it. You need to heat it to remove it. It has sticky tape on the back of the glass. I am now waiting for the replacement glass to arrive. Hope that helps.

How did you manage to order the camera glass? Each time I try to order, it tries to make me register a business.

Here's the link I've been using to try and purchase the glass -- Motorola Droid Razr M 4G LTE XT907 Battery Door Glass Lens