Setting default texting app
Is there are way to set the default texting app to a 3rd party app (Text+). The instructions on the apps support page detail out the steps to do this but unfortunately they don't work on the Droid M. I've cleared the defaults on the messaging app but can't seem to get the pop up window to set a new default. Also, is there a way to disable the android texting app so that I can launch Text+ from the lock screen? Thanks for any help you can provide.
- 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM #2
Re: Setting default texting app
I think we lost this ability with JellyBean. I had Handcent set up as my default texting app and had it on my lockscreen on my Maxx. I'm not able to disable the stock texting app on the M. I can only disable the notifications.
- By steddora in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 1Last Post: 04-30-2012, 12:54 AM
- By Smoke_1 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 02-05-2012, 03:09 PM
- By SgtKung in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 2Last Post: 01-15-2011, 07:07 PM
- By m a x i m u s in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2010, 09:40 PM
- By Sk3lleton in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 01-14-2010, 02:20 PM