Motorola Device Manager won't install!!!

jgonnuscio

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hallelujah! Thank-you MotorolaGuy1 and piratesofthejellybean. My only regret is that it took me so long to find your postings. I am not very "device literate" and this was very intimidating. You made it easy!:D

Mirrella

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Endless hours were spent trying to connect my Motorola Razr to my computer. This finally worked:
Go to Play store on the phone. Download Motorola PIM (all upper case).
If you have an extended battery case/charger on the phone, remove the phone and insert the USB cable into the port on the top of the phone.
OR
Download Airdroid onto your phone and connect wirelessly

Alex Loia

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I’m on a Mac on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and I’m trying to install MDM but when it installs, I can’t find it anywhere. I’m trying to update my Moto G to Android 4.4.2. The Moto G arrived from Amazon just 2 days ago. It is US GSM version. when i check for an update on the phone, it says there is no update to install. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

Rashid Ali706

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey all there is a simple solution to this USB connection problem.
Install Mobogenie in your PC and connect through it. Click on my device and follow the instructions, I worked for me.

Wally Randall

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Motorola MDM software is Crap!

Your MDM software for my two Droid phones is really strange. When it is installed correctly there is NO evidence of that. Connecting the phone always requests to install it again! When you connect to the PC (Windows 7) and click on the Hidden icon arrow the MDM logo appears but clicking on it DOES NOTHING!!!!! That is NOT standard windows software protocol! You have to RIGHT CLICK to have any functionality@@! Again, this is garbage. It took me, a professional computer consultant over an hour to figure out that your software does work. You just don't let anyone know how to use it!!!!!

I have been a software developer for 35 years. The idiots who crafted this interface should be fired! Please let the user know exactly how to use the software when it its installed. Don't ask to install the software if it is correctly installed and PLEASE have someone fix the use of the hidden icon to show what is happening with a left click as well as a right click!!!!! :mad:

cc35308

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi yall. I have a Droid Razr M and a Mac with OS 10.9.5. When I plug in my phone to my computer, I get the pop-up to install MDM, which I've done at least a dozen times. But once I install it, that's it. I can't open it and I can't find it on my computer. When I plug in my phone again, I get the pop-up for install MDM again. Can anyone help me?

Ann Mathew

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
when I open my motorolo devcie manager it shows a software update option and then it says no update available when I click Okay then the thing closes on itself

Abhijit Chanda

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm having similar problems with my Moto G 2nd Gen on my Mac. I've installed the latest version of MDM on my macbook (Yosemite). Installation goes off without a hitch but then I can't find the app and my phone doesn't get recognised when I plug it in. HELP!

Rails Ruby

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi this thread seems to be very old but if you can help me. I've just installed MDM on my mac OS X Yosemite, but I don't see any executable file which I can open. I want to update my Moto X 2014 software over data(3G). don't have wifi around so it seems to be way around to update my device. any idea where executable files are installed on OS X.

Thanks

hardingly

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Just to say I have identical problem
Win 7 PC attempting to see files in new Moto g4 Play but wont see files or operate device manager sofware
Have downloaded Motorola device manager multiple times and it gets stuck in a loop updating itself but has always refused to open/operate. Don't see an answer in this chain.
Very grim first experience of Motorola.
Did not have this problem with previous Nexus or other phones.