Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cindy Koch
  • 1 Post By forjesusdenyself
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Outbox Messages "stuck"

I am new to my Razr M and getting some things figured out but have a question. There is an email message stuck in my outbox that keeps trying to send but the address is wrong (still getting used to typing on screen!). I can't open the message to delete it - get a message "cannot open message because it is sending". The notification light continually blinks as a result. I can't find a delete button for the outbox from the show all files screen, or any other screen for that matter. How do I get rid of this message in my outbox? any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: Outbox Messages "stuck"

I Have The Exact Same Situation. Can Anybody Help? Not Sure Why This Entire Message Is nish capped...
    LOTL2 likes this.

Put your device in airplane mode and then u should be able to open message and del. That email.
    Thanked by 4:
    tammy333 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Excellent advice - that worked! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Thank you... thank you...thank you
    It worked. The notifications were driving me crazy

Brilliant! Thank You for relieving my Droid OCD.

That worked great! Thanks.

Dude ~

Must've read 100 messages about fixing this and not one worked until I stumbled on to this this a.m. Worked perfect. Opened message, removed large attachment, sent. Thanks for the brilliance! I even set up an account just to thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by C Hand View Post
    Dude ~

Must've read 100 messages about fixing this and not one worked until I stumbled on to this this a.m. Worked perfect. Opened message, removed large attachment, sent. Thanks for the brilliance! I even set up an account just to thank you!

Yeah, what he said. right down to the part about setting an acct just to say THANKS!!!

Ditto... ABOSLUTELY Brilliant... I tried re-powering the unit and also read 100+ forums... this is the only one that worked!!! Thanks so much!!!

Us Outbox deleters will be forever in your debt - it worked for me too! Thanks.

To "ForJesusDenySelf"... Thank you so much! I am one of the many grateful for your advice... have a blessed day!

Worked great thanks!

THANK YOU! it worked!

Thank you so very much. Like the other users stated. Messsage has been trying to send for over a week and driving me crazy as there was no way to delete it as it indicating it was sending. This worked perfectly. Can't believe that no other posts even came close to this solution. Thanks again.

thank you!!! this worked perfectly!

Lightbulb Re: Outbox Messages "stuck"

You need to delete the message. First put your phone in Airplane mode. Then select the email icon and open the message that is "stuck." Click the X to delete the message. Then turn off airplane mode. Don't know why this works, but it does.

I am so glad to find you. Those stuck message were driving me crazy. All gone now. Thank you.

I have no idea why this works -- but it did.

Thank you so much. In my case some replies reached the recepients 2-3 days after sending the mail. It was so embarassing. With the airplane mode workaround, I can safely remove the stuck mails every night.

Easy fix, have to turn phone on airplane mode. Then open email look in outbox, click on message. Then just go to menu and save as a draft. then go to drafts and delete message. Turn phone off airplane mode and done

Just tried your suggestion and id doesn't work with Yahoo email. Now what?

Thank you! I've been trying to do this for awhile. Much appreciated..

Worked perfectly... Thank you so much....was driving me crazy trying to figure out how to delete them....

In addition to using "airplane mode", I also had to turn off the "auto sync" function in order to clear the email stuck in my outbox. Hope this helps as well.