1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reboots - please chime in

Anyone had any issues with reboots. I am on my second device (and past the 14 day period) and have already had 2 random reboots in the middle of the night and one lock up and reboot in mid day. I have very few apps installed and just uninstalled Nova Launcher Prime to see if this was the issue. I did not have these issues with my HTC One S on T-Mo and it is reminding me of why prior to the One S I switched to WP. Is this a Motorola issue? Has anyone else experienced frequent restarts or lock ups. I am using the provided Motorola charger as well since this was Verizon tech supports "solution".

Any help is appreciated. I am about to trade my phone for an 8X or 822 if this keeps happening.

Default Re: Reboots - please chime in

Do you have any task manager or battery saver apps installed? They're notorious for killing needed processes and causing crashes.

"Very few" apps doesn't mean one of them isn't causing a problem. I'd try to get back to a completely stock condition and see if it still happens. If it won't be too painful, do a factory reset and run for a couple of days without adding any apps or making any configuration changes (other than setting up email and other critical functions. If it's still doing it on factory stock, tell the Verizon store it's defective and you want another replacement. If it doesn't do it, then one of your apps, or some configuration change you made, is the culprit.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Do you have any task manager or battery saver apps installed? They're notorious for killing needed processes and causing crashes.

"Very few" apps doesn't mean one of them isn't causing a problem. I'd try to get back to a completely stock condition and see if it still happens. If it won't be too painful, do a factory reset and run for a couple of days without adding any apps or making any configuration changes (other than setting up email and other critical functions. If it's still doing it on factory stock, tell the Verizon store it's defective and you want another replacement. If it doesn't do it, then one of your apps, or some configuration change you made, is the culprit.
    I had APK Widgets, transparent weather, nova prime, feedly, twitter, facebook, Google Voice. I think that's it. I will just keep eliminating them.

I have had my RAZR M for about two months and zero reboots. I am not rooted either.
    If it helps any the only app I have installed from the list you have is Google Voice. I have about 120 apps on my phone, counting the ones that came with it but I disabled most of those.

I just had a freeze reboot (made a thread) only app that I have that's like a app killer is onavo data counter.

Sent from my phone with the app

I rebooted twice before but they came out of nowhere. Now I have problems checking for updates.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums