update performance

mrip

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice any screen glitches after update. Mine at times the screen seems to twitch. Scrolling on some websites and it skips. Not as smooth as it once was. Some programs crash and the phone restarts itself.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
The only thing bad I've noticed is that when I unplug my phone, the desk dock app keeps running in my "running apps". Its only using 5MB of ram, but its annoying. I have noticed that my wifi has improved.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

anon(5399614)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Only 3 days on the update, but I've had a couple of apps crash, that I've never had a problem with in the past. Of particular concern is the Brother print and scan app that prints one page and stops. Guess I'll have to wait for an update from Brother!

Bob

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice any screen glitches after update. Mine at times the screen seems to twitch. Scrolling on some websites and it skips. Not as smooth as it once was. Some programs crash and the phone restarts itself.

Mines twitched a couple times and something is using up the RAM but I don't know what. The low ram causes phone to lag a few times and 3D games stutter a little.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Since update I've seen my screen jump, a couple times, while in the car dock. The screen rises, from the bottom, while in the dock, with the volume rocker up.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
After a few days, I've noticed an occasional twitch in the screen too. Nothing crazy but it's noticeable. Nothing looks different in my running apps, so I'm not sure where's it's coming from.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Yep! I noticed the same thing! I'm trying the cache wipe now to see if it helps.

Update: Nope, made zero difference. My Droid M scrolls like its an old Droid X on Gingerbread. This is upsetting.

Last edited:

mrip

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yep no difference. After 24 hrs I still notice the jumping when waking up the phone and some twitching when playing candy crush. I dunno what the problem is I know they deleted some programs. Major updates to system, facebook and candy crush. Maybe when 4.2 comes out we will be fine just an annoyance.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Cleared cache partition and I'm still seeing the little screen twitches. Doesn't seem to be effecting anything performance wise, but it's really irritating.

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My screen is twitching from left to right quite a bit!

I also seem to have had a lot of performance lost. I did notice a faster camera though?

I was in Europe last week when I got the update, I had this and my Lumia 822 with. The M became my primary camera on the trip. Will upload later.

pjspaws

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm also seeing the screen twitches, even after the partition wipe. Sometimes, audio from music or apps will also 'skip' (I know it's not skipping, it's just the closest term I can think of to describe it).

broth6

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

dki378

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to get out beyond the step of the " little Android man logo with Exclamation mark" screen. It says to press the Vol Up and Vol Down keys together but it doesn't seem to do anything. I can do short clicks or long holds but neither one seems to do anything. Is there a trick to get past this step?

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I performed this, and had no luck with performance. It's very glitchy... the twitching screen is annoying!

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Me too. I followed the steps and cleared it, and I'm still seeing the screen twitch. It's not a huge deal, but it's really annoying. All other performance is great though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech