Unlocking RAZR M

dylanrod24

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking up on how to unlock my RAZR M but haven't found anything good. Can you guys suggest anything? And my M is not rooted. Thank you

Sent from my XT907

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Razr M is SIM unlocked from the factory but US GSM networks are blocked.

Here are the instructions to remove this block, I have done it and it works so you can use ATT and Tmobile in the US.

[HowTo] [VZW XT907/926 RAZR M/HD] Unlock US GSM Carriers Using RadioComm - xda-developers

j
WOW! That looks kinda hairy for a novice.
Does this work?
[url=http://cellphoneforums.net/cellphoneunlock-net/t346949-how-unlock-motorola-razr-m-unlock-code-%7C-any-gsm-network.html#axzz2U3GjaANT]How to Unlock Motorola RAZR M by unlock code | any GSM network[/URL]

Or, maybe this?
How to Unlock a Motorola RAZR for Free | eHow

Last edited:

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

No, those two links are to unlock the already unlocked SIM.

If you want to remove the block so you can use on USA T-mobile and AT&T you need to follow the instructions I posted above, this is the only way. (as of now)

j

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No, those two links are to unlock the already unlocked SIM.

If you want to remove the block so you can use on USA T-mobile and AT&T you need to follow the instructions I posted above, this is the only way. (as of now)

j
Got it. thanks.
Does the procedure that you posted require or is it better with rooting?

Andrew Hodny

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
any luck with t-mobile? for some reason, I am having access to Redpocket, which is on ATT but not Straight Talk on T-Mobile. I edited the NV fields as suggested in the discussion above. I'm not sure what could account for the success of one but lack of success in the other.

Also, it shouldn't matter, but I cut the Sim from ST from regular size to micro-sim.

Jwashi1

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Alright so I got everything set up with the Radiocomm, I follow ALL the instructions (connected as media device, usb debugging mode ect.) soon as I plug it in the circle lights up green but the big rectangle box is ALWAYS red... Any thoughts? I seriously have done everything step by step but it wont go green for me.

Edit: Also I have the XT907

Last edited:

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Are you using 64 bit windows ? .....

" The problem is that there are no signed 64bit drivers available and you must force load the drivers on Win7/8 64 bit for the diagnostic port in order to see the device properly and have NV read/write access. "

Read the XDA thread for more details.

j

Jwashi1

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you using 64 bit windows ? .....

" The problem is that there are no signed 64bit drivers available and you must force load the drivers on Win7/8 64 bit for the diagnostic port in order to see the device properly and have NV read/write access. "

Read the XDA thread for more details.

j

Okay well I just reset everything, I got green on everything and It looked like everything worked properly. I am on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit but the phone now lets me switch between GSM, Global ect. I got a micro sim through walmart family talk but it still wont pull a signal. It still says sim is from unknown source, afterward it says no GSM can be found. So I guess now my question is do I need to force load the drivers (even though it looked like it worked) or do I need to get like a T-mobile sim?

Edit: okay I looked at the XDA thread and found the DFS tool, I still can't get it unlocked lol

I keep getting sim is from an unknown source even though the process was done correctly. I tried the DFS tool but when I go to ports nothing shows up. Is there any step by step "sure fire" way to unlock a XT907? one that wont crap out on me because I'm not using 32 bit -_- lol this has become a headache

Last edited:

DWH214

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Razr M that I rooted and unlocked with radiocomm and was happily using it with AT&T but just got the verizon update (98.18.78) and lost my GSM connection. I've used Matt's utility which got me back to 98.15.66, re booted and re-ran radiocomm but still can't connect. I get the grayed out bar area with the red circle/slash. Any thoughts on how I can get this back up and working on GSM?

DWH214

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Alright so I got everything set up with the Radiocomm, I follow ALL the instructions (connected as media device, usb debugging mode ect.) soon as I plug it in the circle lights up green but the big rectangle box is ALWAYS red... Any thoughts? I seriously have done everything step by step but it wont go green for me.

Edit: Also I have the XT907

I had that problem, I deleted the radiocomm program and reloaded it and got all green.

Jwashi1

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So does anyone have a working method for people on x64 bit? I've used this, DFS & Radiocomm. I've downloaded drivers from almost everywhere I can find and still nothing... I'm following every step to the T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1