Google Play says there's no connection?

anon(730457)

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Droid 2 as a music player (cell data disabled, airplane mode on to save battery) and on wifi, I just opened the Play app to update another app, and it's saying No Connection even after I re-enabled background data when it prompted me to. I don't have access to /system/etc. The date and time were set to automatic but were incorrect, I set them to manual and corrected it, still getting the error, though I noticed the time changed to be incorrect again. I don't know what the date and time have to do with the connection, why they won't update automatically, or why they're changing by themselves on manual.

I just rebooted, turned off airplane mode, which turned on cell service, which updated the date and time, and now I got into the Play store. Even though this phone is not activated for service, apparently I have to turn this battery-draining service on just to get accurate date and time and get into the store. On wifi-only, it reverts to December 31st, 1969, 8 hours later than my time and will not connect to the store. This is really retarded and probably Google's fault.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem last night, on 2 phones and 1 computer.
Took about 10 minutes for it to come back. I figured it was a Google play server issue.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You could try

Settings
Manage Apps
Reset App Preferences

There's another thing to try but I saved it in my other phone which is charging right now.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

aadipk

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I manually updated my s3 with android 4.3 (Open Europe Test Firmware), after installing when i tried to make google account via wifi it said "no connection to server", however browsing was good and problem was only with google play, then i tried many things to resolve this issue,

- I Disabled my wifi and moved to 3g (i was surprised that google play was working well with 3g)
- Then i checked my router settings (and changed DHCP server to static) (Problem didnt solved)
- Then i cleared the cache, factory reset, restricted background data (But problem remained same)
- Then just for checking I enabled / disabled "flight mode" after that I deactivated / activated "data network mode"
- And i here i go, i got success.

Google play is working fine with wifi and 3g as well.

Hope it will help the needy :)

Muhammad Adnan

KennyTSV

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
- I Disabled my wifi and moved to 3g (i was surprised that google play was working well with 3g)
- Then i checked my router settings (and changed DHCP server to static) (Problem didnt solved)
- Then i cleared the cache, factory reset, restricted background data (But problem remained same)
- Then just for checking I enabled / disabled "flight mode" after that I deactivated / activated "data network mode"
- And i here i go, i got success.

I just tried exactly what you mentioned Muhammad, and this definitely worked for me. I went through your procedure - disabled and then re-enabled flight mode, followed by disabling and re-enabling 'data network mode'. And the issue was immediately gone.

Next time, if I get this issue again, I'll see what happens if I leave the flight-mode thing alone, and only just disable and re-enable the 'data network mode'. But this time, I followed your method precisely - and it worked. Was surprised about that. I have no idea about the cause of the original problem with the 'no connection' for google play. These are the sorts of things that really aggravate users. It shouldn't happen.

Anyway, thanks Muhammad. Nice work in coming up with this particular method to sort out the 'no connection' issue.

Streaky10001

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
To everyone having problems connecting to google services, I strongly suggest that you check that the time and date set on your device is correct, I spent about four hours today trying to solve this problem on my tab 3 and as soon as I reset the date and time (the battery ran out on me and the time reset to a default) everything worked fine again.

skennelly

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
To everyone having problems connecting to google services, I strongly suggest that you check that the time and date set on your device is correct, I spent about four hours today trying to solve this problem on my tab 3 and as soon as I reset the date and time (the battery ran out on me and the time reset to a default) everything worked fine again.

I think many of us (including myself) are not having issues with the date and time.

Toby Chew

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I get this same thing but I know what the problem is its google plays servers I have to delete a line in hosts file to get google play to work. But can't download certain apps because it says market is outdated

Jaime Suero

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
"You have to go and delete the hosts file under /system/etc" alecawa
Thanks a lot, your video worked perfect.
I used root browser to complete this action, but you can also use ES file explorer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon