Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Google Play says there's no connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Dean View Post
    Why does it say cannot connect to server try again it did not happen with my other phone it is most annoying please advise J Dean
    Try clearing the Play Store cache.

Lightbulb Re: Google Play says there's no connection?

I hope this helps share with your friends

Code:
    Fix

hope this help

thank you so much

I had the same problem last night, on 2 phones and 1 computer.
    Took about 10 minutes for it to come back. I figured it was a Google play server issue.

Posted via Android Central App

I am having wifi still the play store saying no connection try again...why
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviral Awasthi View Post
    I am having wifi still the play store saying no connection try again...why
    ?

Thanks. it works for me

I am also in love

I tried to delete the hosts file, but it says its a read-only file system.

Quote Originally Posted by zarakasad View Post
    Setting the time is working for almost everyone but not me, help me please :|

You could try

Settings
    Manage Apps
    Reset App Preferences

There's another thing to try but I saved it in my other phone which is charging right now.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

wow this man is a genius... thank bro your my savior anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by dundee06 View Post
    I've been experiencing the same thing lately. Thought it was something with the custom ROM I'm running, but i couldn't find anything on the interments about carbon ROM having Google play issues. I said Internets. Ha Ha. Hope the smart guys will help us figure out what's up.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    You could try

Settings
    Manage Apps
    Reset App Preferences

There's another thing to try but I saved it in my other phone which is charging right now.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Glad it worked!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Red face Re: Google Play says there's no connection?

I manually updated my s3 with android 4.3 (Open Europe Test Firmware), after installing when i tried to make google account via wifi it said "no connection to server", however browsing was good and problem was only with google play, then i tried many things to resolve this issue,

- I Disabled my wifi and moved to 3g (i was surprised that google play was working well with 3g)
    - Then i checked my router settings (and changed DHCP server to static) (Problem didnt solved)
    - Then i cleared the cache, factory reset, restricted background data (But problem remained same)
    - Then just for checking I enabled / disabled "flight mode" after that I deactivated / activated "data network mode"
    - And i here i go, i got success.

Google play is working fine with wifi and 3g as well.

Hope it will help the needy

Muhammad Adnan

Quote Originally Posted by aadipk View Post
    - I Disabled my wifi and moved to 3g (i was surprised that google play was working well with 3g)
    - Then i checked my router settings (and changed DHCP server to static) (Problem didnt solved)
    - Then i cleared the cache, factory reset, restricted background data (But problem remained same)
    - Then just for checking I enabled / disabled "flight mode" after that I deactivated / activated "data network mode"
    - And i here i go, i got success.
    I just tried exactly what you mentioned Muhammad, and this definitely worked for me. I went through your procedure - disabled and then re-enabled flight mode, followed by disabling and re-enabling 'data network mode'. And the issue was immediately gone.

Next time, if I get this issue again, I'll see what happens if I leave the flight-mode thing alone, and only just disable and re-enable the 'data network mode'. But this time, I followed your method precisely - and it worked. Was surprised about that. I have no idea about the cause of the original problem with the 'no connection' for google play. These are the sorts of things that really aggravate users. It shouldn't happen.

Anyway, thanks Muhammad. Nice work in coming up with this particular method to sort out the 'no connection' issue.
    Thanked by:

To everyone having problems connecting to google services, I strongly suggest that you check that the time and date set on your device is correct, I spent about four hours today trying to solve this problem on my tab 3 and as soon as I reset the date and time (the battery ran out on me and the time reset to a default) everything worked fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by Streaky10001 View Post
    To everyone having problems connecting to google services, I strongly suggest that you check that the time and date set on your device is correct, I spent about four hours today trying to solve this problem on my tab 3 and as soon as I reset the date and time (the battery ran out on me and the time reset to a default) everything worked fine again.
    I think many of us (including myself) are not having issues with the date and time.

I get this same thing but I know what the problem is its google plays servers I have to delete a line in hosts file to get google play to work. But can't download certain apps because it says market is outdated

"You have to go and delete the hosts file under /system/etc" alecawa
    Thanks a lot, your video worked perfect.
    I used root browser to complete this action, but you can also use ES file explorer

Hey guys I just figured out by myself what causes this annoying "google play no conncetion" on my google nexus 5!

It has something to do with the "ad blocker" app I installed way back and uninstalled recently. As for unrooted devices the app need to set up a proxy (long pressing the connected network ==> modify network ==> show advanced option ==> proxy) for its function. As such when the app is uninstalled, the proxy setting is still being remembered by the phone, and that causes the problem.

Simply delete the proxy settings on the selected network (aka don't use proxy), and it will work out.

If you have an Ad Block app such as AdAway, try updating the host file. Mine was not fully downloaded and it was preventing my use of Google Play and receiving notifications

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast