Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Can't get Swype to work

    I can't get the swype to work on my RAZR M. I have looked in my settings to be sure it is on and I still can't figure it out. Please help. Would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. I am running on JB 4.1.2

    Sent from my DROID RAZR M
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    What do you mean when you say you have checked your settings?

    Have you selected Swype as your default keyboard? Go to an area where you can type something and your keyboard comes up. You should then see a little keyboard symbol at the top of the screen. Drag the top of the screen down and you should get the "choose input method" option. Make sure Swype is set as your default there...

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
    What do you mean when you say you have checked your settings?

    Have you selected Swype as your default keyboard? Go to an area where you can type something and your keyboard comes up. You should then see a little keyboard symbol at the top of the screen. Drag the top of the screen down and you should get the "choose input method" option. Make sure Swype is set as your default there...

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks it worked! I never thought about clicking on the "choose input method"

    Sent from my DROID RAZR M
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Glad it worked!

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    My swipe text on Droid Razr M does not work. I have tried switching my phone to English and then back to swipe text. The swipe text changes my words to gibberish even if I type the individual letters. Please let me know if there is a way to address the problem.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    This is how on the Motorola Droid Maxx. Hope it helps;

    Need to check the keyboard settings of your device.
    Go to Settings > Language and input.
    Check if the Google Voice Typing is enabled or has a check mark on it?
    Check that box.
    After doing that, go to text messaging screen then check if the microphone icon is back.
    Check if the gesture typing is enabled as that may have caused the Swype to stop working.
    Still under Language and Input, tap the menu icon right next to the Android Keyboard.
    Click the menu icon right next to Android Keyboard. (3 lines that have dots on them)
    Scroll down and look for Gesture Typing. Make sure that the box is checked.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Quote Originally Posted by dylanrod24 View Post
    I can't get the swype to work on my RAZR M. I have looked in my settings to be sure it is on and I still can't figure it out. Please help. Would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. I am running on JB 4.1.2

    Sent from my DROID RAZR M
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    How can I get the swypw to work with the new update and KitKat ForMat?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Is the Swype feature gone with this new KitKat update because I haven't seen it and have been looking for it to enable it. It was easy to do before the update but I havent seen it since.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Not included in KitKat.
    Some suggest downloading Google keyboard. I've read that Google records your keystrokes.
    I've been using SwiftKey for a couple years. I like it, but it cost $4.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    Not included in KitKat.
    Some suggest downloading Google keyboard. I've read that Google records your keystrokes.
    I've been using SwiftKey for a couple years. I like it, but it cost $4.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Google does not record your keystrokes. That is just fear mongering.

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default

    Went to see, for myself.
    I don't know, looks fishy to me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't get Swype to work-15653.jpg  
    Last edited by pizza_pablo; 05-25-2014 at 08:55 PM.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    Went to see, for myself.
    I don't know, looks fishy to me...
    That's the same disclaimer for EVERY third party keyboard you use.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    That's the same disclaimer for EVERY third party keyboard you use.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Okie doke. I guess I've not read that closely. Thanks.
    Last edited by pizza_pablo; 05-26-2014 at 12:16 PM.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
    Glad it worked!

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    My Razr HD (MOTO) has lost all Swype software with this up/down grade. The voice recog. is unbelievable but in a crowded work area, Swype would be preferred input method. I tried this tip and only got choice of Input languages and Android Keyboard (AOSP), not even std. keyboard. Whats' with this?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    I bought the full version of Swype a while ago because I loved it. As you noticed Swype is gone from Kit Kat. The pay version is better than the free version that came with ICS. I installed the google kb on my wife's razr m so she had a Swype like kb but she is not a power user like a lot of us.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    I think Motorola removed Swype, because it is still there on my Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2(same as my Razr Maxx HD).
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Quote Originally Posted by mgclark View Post
    I think Motorola removed Swype, because it is still there on my Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2(same as my Razr Maxx HD).
    They did remove Swype.

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,549 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Does this work?

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ance.swype.dtc

    Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Can't get Swype to work

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Does this work?

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ance.swype.dtc

    Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    I have not used that app, but I have used SwiftKey, which costs the same, and I've really liked it.

Similar Threads

  1. [Swype] HELP!!! Cant get Swype from being default
    By Floridadomer in forum Keyboards
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
  2. [Swype] Swype- adding extra letters to the end of words?
    By groundkontrol in forum Keyboards
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 08:54 AM
  3. [Swype] Swype version Vibrant
    By Windflower in forum Keyboards
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 01:38 PM
  4. [Swype] Swype: Symbols instead of letters
    By londonmitch in forum Keyboards
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 12:43 PM
  5. [Swype] Swype Beta Update
    By bones10 in forum Keyboards
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions