Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RicKaysen#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ready For Something New

I loved this phone when I first got it, but it's become maddening to use. The screen lag and the length of time it takes for anything to happen make me want to chuck it out a window at times. I've tried the typical maintenance steps short of a full factory reset with no effect. The only thing that stops me from doing said factory reset is not knowing how it will impact my rooted phone. I'm itching for something with more processing power to get added to Verizon's lineup. Moto X hardware rumors fluctuate from fascinating to boring. Not a fan of Samsung's design or materials and the state of HTC's finances concern me. Just wish something worthwhile would hurry up and materialize.

Default Re: Ready For Something New

What is the model of the phone you own?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Matthews Jr View Post
    What is the model of the phone you own?
    well....this is the razr m forum.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

No need to be sarcastic. I'm on tapatalk, so forum headings aren't that noticeable.

And have you looked at LG branded phones (Specifically the LG Optimus Pro)? Or Huawei (The newly released Ascend D2)?

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Matthews Jr View Post
    No need to be sarcastic. I'm on tapatalk, so forum headings aren't that noticeable.

And have you looked at LG branded phones (Specifically the LG Optimus Pro)? Or Huawei (The newly released Ascend D2)?

No offense intended

I recommend the galaxy s4. I've experienced way more issues with Motorla brand devices than Samsung, and the s4 will literally do everything for you but cook you dinner. This has been by far the best device I've ever owned.

Sent from my sexy s4 ♡

Maybe it is slow because you rooted it. I rooted my last phone and did not enjoy the experience. Get rid of apps that are active but not used. My phone is fast but I have had a couple occurrences which ended up being offending memory hog apps. If you want a big azz phone that won't fit in your pocket, get a S4.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Wylie View Post
    Maybe it is slow because you rooted it. I rooted my last phone and did not enjoy the experience. Get rid of apps that are active but not used. My phone is fast but I have had a couple occurrences which ended up being offending memory hog apps. If you want a big azz phone that won't fit in your pocket, get a S4.
    That's interesting. One question...will a factory reset unroot my phone or should I take that step before resetting?

Just use the application Triangle Away. You can temp unroot , then permanently unroot with like two button presses.

Is there a button to press that will root, give me vanilla 4.2 and remove bloatware? That's all I really want.

Sent from my phone with the app.

Quote Originally Posted by kirksucks View Post
    Is there a button to press that will root, give me vanilla 4.2 and remove bloatware? That's all I really want.

Sent from my phone with the app.
    Rooting a device on the first place, is a little more involved.

There are some one click programs for rooting, such as SuperOneClick, but you would have to check if it is compatible with your device.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Doing a factory reset will not cause you to loose root. Most of the time when you flash a new rom you have to do a factory wipe anyways.