- 20 Posts
RAZR M - I don't understand a Proxy Server error message that I'm getting
I have started getting the following error whenever I try to use the browser on my phone via the LAN:
Authentication via the proxy
server was unsuccessful.
If I turn the LAN connection off and work through 3G/4G, I can connect with no problem.
My phone is a Droid Razr MAXX, model XT-912. Android version is 4.1.2. System version is 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US.
One of my older phones, a Droid X2, does not have this problem. It gets right through to the Internet.
My LAN is run with a Linksys EA4500 router. (I am also having some grief trying to get a wireless printer working again on this LAN. I lost that connection at the same time the subject problem showed up. A coincidence?)
Can somebody tell me what Proxy Server is complaining? Is it in the phone or the router or ??? I'm ready to blame the router because of the other problem I'm having (see above). But then, why does the Droid X2 work without problems?
It is tough to shoot a bug in an environment that I don't understand much. I have lots of experience, but none of it here in the Android world.
- Is there a tool that might help me figure this out?
- Is there something available for me to read about how Proxy Servers fit into my browsing request and what I might have done to make one of them mad?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by BillDennes; 10-01-2013 at 02:19 PM.
- By Beantown Bashers in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 39Last Post: 10-03-2013, 11:20 PM
- By rjg5 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM
- By Sooks in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 28Last Post: 10-02-2013, 06:58 PM
- By fadinhooo in forum HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 10-01-2013, 04:51 PM
- By JawkneeSoak in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 0Last Post: 10-01-2013, 03:11 PM