1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi issues

Okay, I've had this problem ever since I got the Razr M a few months ago. Basically, when I connect to any wifi, I get the full blue signal with both triangles showing up. It lasts for a little while, sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a couple hours. Then the wifi bars turn grey, and only the top triangle appears. No more internet connection. I went in and made sure it is set to always stay connected during sleep, and that it is set to connect even to a weak signal. I changed my home router b/t 11n and 11g and with either one it gives me this.

Primarily it seems to do this when my phone goes to sleep. I have to disconnect from wifi and reconnect, then I have connection again for a few minutes. But if I can keep my phone from going to sleep, like when I'm updating a large app, it will stay connected until it goes to sleep. Then it's hit and miss whether it's still connected when I wake it up.

Is there anything I can try to fix this?

Default Re: Wifi issues

Welcome to Android Central! First, review this guide and see if any of the tips help you: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

If nothing works, try wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data or settings. Follow these instructions, but instead of selectin "wipe data/factory reset," make sure you select "wipe cache partition."

Thanked by: