1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Razr M only lets me use 3gb when it says totaly 8gb

On my Droid it says that my total space is 8gb but it only shows that 3gb is available. Can someone tell me why I can't use all the 8gb to download things and such?

Default Re: Droid Razr M only lets me use 3gb when it says totaly 8gb

Welcome to Android Central! It's because of those 8 GB of internal storage, some of it is used by the OS and bloatware (usually anywhere from 2-4 GB). Then there's also any other apps and data that you may have installed. This is the conventional way everyone advertises their internal storage, so it's always important as a consumer to be aware of how much usable storage you actually have. Some devices lose a lot of internal storage to OS and bloatware--the 16 GB Galaxy S4 (or maybe it was the S3) has only 8 GB of space available to the user.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the information! Is there anyone I can get the GBs back in any way? I only have a couple small apps installed and I've tried cleaning files and the most I have gotten was about 2.95 GB. How do I check the OS or see how much memory it is taking?

If you look at the Settings/Storage screen, the Total Space listed is how much total space is available to you, and doesn't include space taken up by OS and bloatware.

The only way to remove bloatware is to root the device. Be very careful if you root, though, and make sure you make backups, because if you delete something important, it may be hard to recover from.

Posted via Android Central App

Apparently you can't root if you have installed the system updates.

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    ROM
    SfK CM7

Some folks on xda found a way to root the latest updates. You just can't unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    BB 8330 (Curve)---> 9530 (Storm) --> 8330 (Curve) --> 9650 (Bold) -->HTC - rooted Thunderbolt NuSunse 5.2 with NuKernel & Nook HD+ 32G - CM 10.2

What's the difference

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app