Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Droid Razr M WILL NOT CHARGE

Okay so i recently charged my phone (overnight) and woke up around 1pm after it being on the charger for atleast a minimum of 12 hours, i took it off and got a shower ect. when i went out for dinner i used my gps and 4G and it almost completely drained it. I have snapdragon on it and it does a excellent job of maintaining battery life, i then got home and proceeded to charge it only to have it shut off and turn back on constantly for 3 hours. I do wash it atleast once a week and hand dry it completely, although it has never been affected at all. I need some help on this, i've stressed all my options and i've got work in the morning and i really need my phone for work..

All Responses Welcome, Thank you

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Droid Razr M WILL NOT CHARGE

Quote Originally Posted by I_SHeet_MIDGETs View Post
    Okay so i recently charged my phone (overnight) and woke up around 1pm after it being on the charger for atleast a minimum of 12 hours, i took it off and got a shower ect. when i went out for dinner i used my gps and 4G and it almost completely drained it. I have snapdragon on it and it does a excellent job of maintaining battery life, i then got home and proceeded to charge it only to have it shut off and turn back on constantly for 3 hours. I do wash it atleast once a week and hand dry it completely, although it has never been affected at all. I need some help on this, i've stressed all my options and i've got work in the morning and i really need my phone for work..

All Responses Welcome, Thank you
    So when you connect it, it doesn't charge at all?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    So when you connect it, it doesn't charge at all?
    You Are Correct

Maybe try a different cable and charger?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by I_SHeet_MIDGETs View Post
    You Are Correct
    It could be the charger or cable like dpham said. It could also be the battery. It has to be one of those 3 things.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

It could be the charger or cable like dpham said. It could also be the battery. It has to be one of those 3 things.
    Well the razr m has a non removable battery. It could technically be disassembled to remove the battery, but it may impact warranty. If changing the charger doesn't work then I would suggest that you contact Verizon for a replacement if you have warranty or extended warranty

wizzrah likes this.

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Well the razr m has a non removable battery. It could technically be disassembled to remove the battery, but it may impact warranty. If changing the charger doesn't work then I would suggest that you contact Verizon for a replacement if you have warranty or extended warranty

I didn't say anything about the warranty, but yeah it will void the warranty.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well it has to be the battery..The static could be electrical charges discharging within the phone itself which could in turn screw me in the end..because if thats what was happening then all my data could be lost because i dont remember the last time i bbacked up my data..

I didn't say anything about the warranty, but yeah it will void the warranty.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    Yes, I know just wanted to make the op aware, should he decide to replace the battery.