- 189 Posts
My phone's been a little sluggish lately and I kept meaning to hard reset it. Today it started freaking out. Like rebooting on its own, freezing and then popping up the lock screen, and the keyboard not functioning properly. Finally I decided to hard reset it and now the keyboard won't show up at all. I reset it again, still the same. I cleared the cache, no such luck. Switched input methods, nope not that either. I guess I also need to mention that I mainly use swype, and when I try to go to its settings it usually jumps back to the language settings. I can't answer texts or type anything! Help!
tl;dr hard reset twice and cleared cache but keyboard seems to be gone (I don't have a physical one either)
- 04-10-2014, 02:11 PM #2
- 04-10-2014, 07:12 PM #4
Re: Keyboard disappeared
Hmm, not good. When you say you cleared cache, you mean wiping the cache partition, right?
In know that corrupt SD cards can cause problems with Samsung devices--do you have one in yours, and have you tried booting after removing it?
- 05-08-2015, 03:14 PM #5
- 1 Posts
Keyboard Disappeared - Workaround
I was using the HTC One M8, and this exact thing happened to me today.
No external SD card installed.
I ended up tapping the Play Store, tapping the "speech to text" microphone, speaking "Keyboard", and I ended up downloading Google keyboard.
It more or less configures itself with a helpful tap here and there. At the end, I had a working and frankly better keyboard than the native HTC keyboard app.
- By syman666 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 12Last Post: 07-21-2016, 01:53 PM
- By ddasher in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2014, 02:32 PM
- By Raivis Rimkus in forum LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 04-10-2014, 04:57 AM
- By gadgetfreaksta in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 4Last Post: 04-09-2014, 07:08 PM
- By RRHMJ23 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2014, 06:47 PM