Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Broken Headphone Jack

The metal ring that is placed at the top of the headphone jack seems to have fell off and when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear anything with them. I've tried several headphones and I've also tried turning the phone on and off and still no sound. Has anyone had a similar problem like this or knows how to fix a problem like this? Also, in case your wondering, I lost the ring that goes on the top of the headphone jack.

Global Posts
    22,137 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Broken Headphone Jack

I would say that ring is probably needed to complete the circuit, but I may be wrong. The only thing I can think of is to try to replace the jack, but that may prove more troublesome than it is worth.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I agree with Golfdriver. If you have insurance, I'd make a claim and send it back for repair. Don't think the manufacturer's warranty covers that.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Get the part and tool kit from eBay or another supplier and a tutorial on YouTube and fix it.
    The ear piece speaker on my M got distorted and I replaced it myself, for like $15 and it was fun.

Posted via Android Central App