Sound Cracking - KitKat Issues

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I did factory reset after the update because there was a lot of lag. I installed Nova and I'm running just fine now. This phone feels faster than ever.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

acedl

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I found some old sounds break, new ones no popping. Ah don't wanna factory reset again lol

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

openreels

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes! But only with an earpiece! I took it to the Verizon store figuring it's a KK bug, but they had not heard of this (of course). Then they tried a headset and it sounded okay. But back at home I tried three other earpieces and they all sound crappy. So then I tried booting into SAFE mode to see if that would make a difference, and the phone will not run in safe mode. The home screen quits continuously and I can't access any apps.

I suspect the update screwed with the audio gain structure or the echo-cancellation which led to this distorted audio with the earpiece. But no idea why SAFE mode doesn't work.

paswes

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious, my wife has a Motorola droid razr m, after the kitkat update hers started to make a pop sound when she would just touch the screen. I don't know if this had anything to do with what you were talking about here or not. If not I'm sorry for jumping I'm on your discussion.

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious, my wife has a Motorola droid razr m, after the kitkat update hers started to make a pop sound when she would just touch the screen. I don't know if this had anything to do with what you were talking about here or not. If not I'm sorry for jumping I'm on your discussion.

Posted via Android Central App

No problem, please go into detail about what you are talking about. I have had weird vibrations on my phone since the update.

Vijaykanthan N

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I bought xolo q600s with kitkat 4.4.2, where in my audio profiles are not functioning and i have to use the phone only in silent mode.

pls advice how to resolve this issue as the company customer care is also not aware of this issue.

Vijay