Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wipe cache

How do you wipe the cache partition with the KitKat update?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Wipe cache

The instructions in that link no longer work for me. After I got into the recovery (droid on it's back), I had to hold volume up, then tap power to get the (hard to see) menu. Once you hit the power button at wipe cache, it goes really fast, and reboots giving no indication that it's done anything.....kinda sucks. Give me Jelly bean back!

Bob
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Bjm46 is correct, my WiFi still sucks

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bjmh46 View Post
    The instructions in that link no longer work for me. After I got into the recovery (droid on it's back), I had to hold volume up, then tap power to get the (hard to see) menu. Once you hit the power button at wipe cache, it goes really fast, and reboots giving no indication that it's done anything.....kinda sucks. Give me Jelly bean back!

Bob
    Ok, good to know!

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

If I am to believe the wifi indicator, according to it, my wifi is 1-2 bars poorer than it was. I'm talking about at home, where I've always been very aware of the signal strength vs. location in the house. So, either the meter is wrong, or it really is poorer. An even bigger deal to me is the reduction in battery life. Phone is using battery at approximately twice the rate it was under jellybean. It seems Android OS is a huge user of battery--maybe it will settle in a couple of days.

Anyone know for sure if "hi accuracy" gps mode under kitkat, is what we've been running by default under Jellybean? I don't see gps or location as using battery, but that may be bundled into Android OS.

Bob

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

WiFi is full strength on my tablet and wife's iPhone. Droid RAZR m 1-3 bar. Consistently 1 bar. Use be full?

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Check under GPS from quick settings

Same problems for me. My wifi seems to work just as well as it did even with the drop in bars. Battery life took a hit and I also wonder about the Android OS. Screen and wifi used to big the biggest draws on the battery now it's Android.

I've done the cache wipe following these directions before the update, but now I have the same results as described here.