New Phone? Really?

acedl

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
It's like Motorola / Verizon knew KitKat was a flop to push users into new phones.

WiFi ruined
Sound pops
Bluetooth spotty.
Battery life horrible.

Wiped cache partition
Factory reset completed

All still broken - makes you wonder....

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's like Motorola / Verizon knew KitKat was a flop to push users into new phones.

WiFi ruined
Sound pops
Bluetooth spotty.
Battery life horrible.

Wiped cache partition
Factory reset completed

All still broken - makes you wonder....

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Are others having the same experience as you?

anon(5399614)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Are others having the same experience as you?

Same wifi and battery problems, ditto no help with factory reset and cache wipe. Sound seems ok, and I don't use bluetooth, so I can't comment on that. Battery life is the real killer though. Over on the Motorola forum, the expert stated that battery life will be worse but the phone is faster. I disagree. My phone is not faster!

kincer

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
When I updated mine I hated it, it was all balled up doing all kinds of weird stuff, I did a factory reset and everything works great now, I truly think the best way to do this is do the the factory reset before the update and I think that would work much better.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When I updated mine I hated it, it was all balled up doing all kinds of weird stuff, I did a factory reset and everything works great now, I truly think the best way to do this is do the the factory reset before the update and I think that would work much better.

For best results, I would factory reset, pull down the update, then factory reset again.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For best results, I would factory reset, pull down the update, then factory reset again.

If that doesn't work, you can get a replacement, if under warranty or extended warranty

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

rrrodriguez5

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I concur with all those having problems with kitkat. I did the recommended factory reset and still have problems with battery life. Battery lasts on average 6 to 7 hours.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I concur with all those having problems with kitkat. I did the recommended factory reset and still have problems with battery life. Battery lasts on average 6 to 7 hours.

Do you find yourself using the phone more?

rrrodriguez5

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No same usage as before. One thing I've noticed the last few days: the battery life is improving. However, everyday around 5pm, the phone heats up and the battery takes a precipitous fall down to zero in about an hour. Goes from 50-75% to nothing in this period.

rrrodriguez5

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Do you find yourself using the phone more?

No same usage as before. One thing I've noticed the last few days: the battery life is improving. However, everyday around 5pm, the phone heats up and the battery takes a precipitous fall down to zero in about an hour. Goes from 50-75% to nothing in this period.

paswes

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Mine gets hot late in the afternoon as well. I like KitKat but I don't like the battery usage either, I don't like the fact I was told this phone had a strong battery and now I barely 6 hours out of it without having to put an extra battery pack on. But I know those promises were made before KitKat.

elissa penn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I too am having the same issues, at least now I know what all this b.s. is called! KitKat.....what does that even mean? I also had contacts lost...phone is like dialup.. Lost pictures THAT I CANNOT RECAPTURE, AMONGST A LOT OF OTHER THINGS. Just typing this is taking forever. There is NOTHING THAT IS AN IMPROVEMENT... NOTHING! I have been trying for days to get a hold of Verizon however they sure go out of their way NOT TO GIVE A PHONE # MUCH LESS ANY TYPE OF HUMAN CUSTOMER SERVICE. IT SUCKS AND I WANT TO GO BACK TO HOW MY PHONE WAS BEFORE.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I too am having the same issues, at least now I know what all this b.s. is called! KitKat.....what does that even mean? I also had contacts lost...phone is like dialup.. Lost pictures THAT I CANNOT RECAPTURE, AMONGST A LOT OF OTHER THINGS. Just typing this is taking forever. There is NOTHING THAT IS AN IMPROVEMENT... NOTHING! I have been trying for days to get a hold of Verizon however they sure go out of their way NOT TO GIVE A PHONE # MUCH LESS ANY TYPE OF HUMAN CUSTOMER SERVICE. IT SUCKS AND I WANT TO GO BACK TO HOW MY PHONE WAS BEFORE.

No Verizon corporate stores near you?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You can dial *611 on your Verizon phone. If your phone cannot call then you can dial (800) 922-0204. If you select the "contact us" link from the home page, it would give you the same number. This is the number listed on their website. Keep in mind that you would be charged minutes using the 800 number.

There is also a link to live chat if desired if using the desktop browser.

u5urahev.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

cthomasparr

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I just received some bad news from my local Verizon store's tech support after trying to revive my phone with tech support online for over an hour. He said that my "software over the air" update has made my phone unable to perform a factory reset and can only offer me an early upgrade to new hardware. Most apps report "Unfortunately <app> has stopped".

Overall I was pleased with the phone and have taken good care of it. I was planning on keeping it for a while and even switching to a family plan where hardware is not included... this really sucks !

I have gone through just about all things like clearing cache, and I can't do the factory reset with the android lying on his back. The next button sequence does not bring up any menu for a factory reset. I can't even bring up the settings to do things to individual apps.

As I retreat to my old first generation Droid and contemplate a used IPhone, is there anything else I can do that doesn't result in giving Verizon more $$?

I checked Motorola and all drivers are updated.

Can the phone be reimaged, rooted, anything that will make it work again?

THANKS !!

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
cthomasparr, if you still have unlimited data don't take an upgrade replacement phone. You will lose unlimited data and be limited to 2GB/month.
Get one from swappa.com or eBay, etc.

I hope someone here can help revive your M.

Last edited:

desertsteel1

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have the same issue and a few more. (stock phone) I am a minimal user, less than 1 gig of data a month.

Battery life is approx 1/4 of what it was; went from 2 days to 1/2 day. :'(
WiFi turns itself off and reception is horrible. My router is within 10 ft. and yes I have checked it. Laptop signal is still strong.
Blu-tooth will shut itself off sporadically
Auto screen rotate - turns itself off every single day!
Phone will not always shut down on first attempt
Phone signal is horrible. Used to have 4G LTE most of the time, now I'm on a 3G most of the time or down to 1X at home. I drop more calls now than I ever have since I moved to the Ann Arbor area.
BATTERY life is horrible ..... :'(
Lost the packaged calendar, finally got it reset after a week of messing with it and it is working again....
Lost every setting I had.
Lost the ring tones I had added
Can't seem to get notifications working right yet. Phone won't ring sometimes, or text notification doesn't vibrate when it's set to vibrate.
battery life is terrible :'(
Apps don't quit anymore, I have to back all the way out of them. that is a major P I the A.

or

I get the message that app (x) has unfortunately stopped working.

and

Battery life still sucks!

Yes, my phone is faster.....that's it. I have noticed no additional enhancements. I have uninstalled or disabled most of the new apps that were added, I don't need or want them. I have cleaned the partition. I have not reset the phone and until someone can prove it is worth all of the hassle, not going to....

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have the same issue and a few more. (stock phone) I am a minimal user, less than 1 gig of data a month.

Battery life is approx 1/4 of what it was; went from 2 days to 1/2 day. :'(
WiFi turns itself off and reception is horrible. My router is within 10 ft. and yes I have checked it. Laptop signal is still strong.
Blu-tooth will shut itself off sporadically
Auto screen rotate - turns itself off every single day!
Phone will not always shut down on first attempt
Phone signal is horrible. Used to have 4G LTE most of the time, now I'm on a 3G most of the time or down to 1X at home. I drop more calls now than I ever have since I moved to the Ann Arbor area.
BATTERY life is horrible ..... :'(
Lost the packaged calendar, finally got it reset after a week of messing with it and it is working again....
Lost every setting I had.
Lost the ring tones I had added
Can't seem to get notifications working right yet. Phone won't ring sometimes, or text notification doesn't vibrate when it's set to vibrate.
battery life is terrible :'(
Apps don't quit anymore, I have to back all the way out of them. that is a major P I the A.

or

I get the message that app (x) has unfortunately stopped working.

and

Battery life still sucks!

Yes, my phone is faster.....that's it. I have noticed no additional enhancements. I have uninstalled or disabled most of the new apps that were added, I don't need or want them. I have cleaned the partition. I have not reset the phone and until someone can prove it is worth all of the hassle, not going to....

You are going to have to reset it. It has been proven by my own omission and others that a factory reset fixes a lot of problems with the update.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance