Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4.2 KitKat: SD Card Issues

Is anyone else having problems with their phone recognizing the SD card after the update? I have my original SD card in there since I purchased it. Now, it can't find it and I can't mount it.

Default Re: 4.4.2 KitKat: SD Card Issues

Reboot and if that don't work, factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App

Was also having SD not being recognized and unable to open audible app. After reboot, issue was resolved. I also unmounted and remounted SD. I erased card after clouding all data. Happy with update
    to KK?

I'm new to this, but...I keep reading that the solution to many problems is to "just reset to factory settings." Doesn't that mean that I will have to redo a LOT of settings: my apps, my screen, my photos and videos, my ringtones, etc, etc?? If so, that is very significant to me. Please tell me if my understanding of a factory reset is wrong and/or if these is a work-around because I have numerous issues with the latest update. Alternatively, can I rollback to the previous version to rid myself of all the issues?

Quote Originally Posted by ML B View Post
    I'm new to this, but...I keep reading that the solution to many problems is to "just reset to factory settings." Doesn't that mean that I will have to redo a LOT of settings: my apps, my screen, my photos and videos, my ringtones, etc, etc?? If so, that is very significant to me. Please tell me if my understanding of a factory reset is wrong and/or if these is a work-around because I have numerous issues with the latest update. Alternatively, can I rollback to the previous version to rid myself of all the issues?
    You can never roll back to a previous update. But if all your pics, music and videos are on your micro SD card, you will be fine to factory reset though you will have to download all your apps again.

Quote Originally Posted by elsewhere View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with their phone recognizing the SD card after the update? I have my original SD card in there since I purchased it. Now, it can't find it and I can't mount it.

Same with me after installing apps they are not allowed for modifications like moving the apps to SD card

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoor Azam Shaim View Post
    Same with me after installing apps they are not allowed for modifications like moving the apps to SD card
    App 2 SD was taken from Android a while ago.

Is there any app from google play to overcome this problem without rooting

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoor Azam Shaim View Post
    Is there any app from google play to overcome this problem without rooting
    Nope.