Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaiser Droid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid RAZR M KitKat Issues and Problems

I think it was about time we made a thread for any issues or problems relating to the Droid RAZR M KitKat update. I see people posting here in the comment section:

Motorola Razr HD and Razr M KitKat updates rolled out on Verizon | Android Central

Any and all inquiries related to the KitKat update for the M should be here and nowhere else.

Posted via Droid Razr M on The Android Central App

Default Re: Droid RAZR M KitKat Issues and Problems

My sister-in-law has a Razr M, and almost since she got it she's had some lag issues. But after updating to KitKat it got way, way worse- now it doesn't like to power-on. Like you push the power button and it turns on, but then it shuts right back off, and you have to fight with it until it finially stays on. And the lag didn't improve whatsoever.

Any suggestions for fixing these problems? Will a future update fix these issues?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Droid View Post
    My sister-in-law has a Razr M, and almost since she got it she's had some lag issues. But after updating to KitKat it got way, way worse- now it doesn't like to power-on. Like you push the power button and it turns on, but then it shuts right back off, and you have to fight with it until it finially stays on. And the lag didn't improve whatsoever.

Any suggestions for fixing these problems? Will a future update fix these issues?
    Your best is a reboot and if it does not work, a factory reset should help. When I updated, I factory reset and lag and any issues went away. I also turned off phone animations in developer settings to make things speed up a bit.

Posted via Android Central App

I loaded the update --4.4, kit kat and now my Bluetooth ear piece is not working. The phone never finds it. I tried 2 different ones and no luck. Anyone else having this issue?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by miss-mac View Post
    I loaded the update --4.4, kit kat and now my Bluetooth ear piece is not working. The phone never finds it. I tried 2 different ones and no luck. Anyone else having this issue?
    I still recommend a factory reset. Majority of users who do one, it helps clear a lot of issues.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Your best is a reboot and if it does not work, a factory reset should help. When I updated, I factory reset and lag and any issues went away. I also turned off phone animations in developer settings to make things speed up a bit.

Thanks for the help!
    A895 likes this.