Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
07-03-2014 12:02 AM
10 replies
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnS305
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Battery problems on KK

    Just since I updated to KK, my battery will discharge normally until around 20%. At which point, it will suddenly drop to 8-9% and quickly lose remaining charge.

    I've re-calibrated my battery. Any suggestions, or ideas as to why this may be happening?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    I don't know, happens to me too. It will drop quickly once it gets under 20%.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I don't know, happens to me too. It will drop quickly once it gets under 20%.
    Thanks @A895; did this happen to you in JB, or like me, only since updating to KK?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    I did a factory reset last weekend and my battery life has seemed to stabilize some, but still not as good as it was with JB. And, yes the same thing happens to me, once it gets down around 20% forget it, I might as well just attach the charger because it drops like a rock after that.
    A895 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS305 View Post
    I did a factory reset last weekend and my battery life has seemed to stabilize some, but still not as good as it was with JB. And, yes the same thing happens to me, once it gets down around 20% forget it, I might as well just attach the charger because it drops like a rock after that.
    Thanks @JohnS305; although still disappointed, glad to know it's not just my device.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    Quote Originally Posted by cableghost View Post
    Thanks @A895; did this happen to you in JB, or like me, only since updating to KK?
    Only in KitKat. It's one of a few bugs, and the circle widget gets notifications late.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    Quote Originally Posted by cableghost View Post
    Thanks @JohnS305; although still disappointed, glad to know it's not just my device.
    Yeah, it may just be a bug. We are still in the last month of updates so they may issue a bug fix. If not, it is time to upgrade by the fall.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    Full charge when I went to bed. Screen off for 5 hours. DBattery problems on KK-uploadfromtaptalk1404918123651.jpg

    sent from my phone with the app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    Quote Originally Posted by kirksucks View Post
    Full charge when I went to bed. Screen off for 5 hours. DClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1404918123651.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	126650

    sent from my phone with the app
    Are you syncing stuff in the background? That would explain the reason Android OS and Google Services use so much.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    I dunno, whatever normally runs. I dont remember it ever being that bad.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Battery problems on KK

    Quote Originally Posted by kirksucks View Post
    I dunno, whatever normally runs. I dont remember it ever being that bad.
    Check what apps are syncing by looking at data usage in the settings and then you can stop certain apps from syncing.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. I cant seem to find network data on my s4
    By Sherise Homer in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 08:17 PM
  2. Android L keyboard on DNA
    By dnafog in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 09:33 PM
  3. lock screen slow to cut on...
    By peacefulberry in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 05:12 PM
  4. S-Off on HTC One M8
    By Aric Leather in forum HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 03:09 AM
  5. hardly can hear person on other end
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 12:15 AM

Posting Permissions