Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Razr M Malfunctioning

I've reviewed this site and didn't see any posts with my exact issues.

Verizon replaced my Razr M in April 2014 since my prior phone was having issues, now this phone is acting up even more.

Today it not only completely shutdown (becoming more routine), but then I noticed some symbol next to the battery (which was fully charged). I tried looking in the phone manual to understand this symbol without success. (Odd that there isn't a symbol legend in the manual!).

While this symbol was active, I couldn't get updates of any sort nor could I send a txt msg.

I'm currently living in the Middle East in a hot climate, but am outdoors only as needed, not for extended periods of time. I'm at a loss of how to proceed with troubleshooting.

I think my battery may need to be replaced, yet don't know who I should be calling now that the symbol went away.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Jody

Default Re: Razr M Malfunctioning

Welcome to Android Central! Can you take a picture of the symbol and post it here, or describe it? Or maybe draw a rough sketch and show it? It might help people recognize it.

The other thing I would suggest is to boot the phone into Recovery Mode and clear the system cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8577