Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wipe Cache Partition method not working.

Taken right from the motorola razr M page:
    This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the VOL DOWN key, then tap and release the VOL UP key.

Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)

7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.

8. The device will then perform the partition wipe

9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT

11. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

When I get to step 7 and pres power to select the wipe option it shows the disabled android for a second then it just reboots. I never see step 8 or 9. So I dont know if it's even performing the wipe.

I guess my only option is to do a factory reset?

Default Re: Wipe Cache Partition method not working.

I've heard other people mention this before. Not sure what the cause is. You might want to post it in the Motorola Feedback Network, although that's no guarantee that anyone official will answer.

Quote Originally Posted by kirksucks View Post
    Taken right from the motorola razr M page:
    This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the VOL DOWN key, then tap and release the VOL UP key.

Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)

7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.

8. The device will then perform the partition wipe

9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT

11. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

When I get to step 7 and pres power to select the wipe option it shows the disabled android for a second then it just reboots. I never see step 8 or 9. So I dont know if it's even performing the wipe.

I guess my only option is to do a factory reset?
    Replace step 5 with:
    Press and hold vol up, press power key.

No step 9--reboot is automatic.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by bjmh46 View Post
    Replace step 5 with:
    Press and hold vol up, press power key.

No step 9--reboot is automatic.

Ahh yes, the step 5 thing I actually found out on my own before. No way to get to the reboot otherwise. I didnt know that it automatically rebooting was how it is supposed to be. Is there a way to confirm that it's really wiping the cache? because my phone still sucks.

Apps constantly force closing. For example, this is the second time typing this post. The first time I was typing it on my phone and just before I finished.. blam ACFourms app crashed.

before going to sleep last night i checked my phone, it said "battery is at 100% remove the charger" so I did, and went to sleep. Missed my alarm because the phone was dead. How does that even happen?

Battery gets really hot sometimes when it drops below 50%

It's really slow. Slow like sliding to unlock totally lags.

tons of stuff. seems like after A: the kitkat update and/or B: dropping it enough to crack, not shatter, but one crack at the bottom. it's been really crappy.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Womp

Razr M via the app.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wipe Cache Partition method not working.-1406738571906.jpg  

I was just talking to another Ambassador about that.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I did a factory reset and it and it seems to be doing better.

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by kirksucks View Post
    I did a factory reset and it and it seems to be doing better.

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app
    I just did one the other day too and my phone is loads faster. My issue was that my internal storage was being ate up my something. I was under 3GB of storage with only like 10 apps downloaded, no games. Now after the reset, with the same number of apps I am at 3.7GB.

Posted via Android Central App