Camera in the RAZR MAXX HD?

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen and detail on the camera in this upcoming phone? On par with a GS3 or the same old one that was in the Razr Maxx?

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I want to know too. I'm due for and upgrade in the middle of November. As of right now I'm leaning to the S3 cause of the camera, but if this one is just as good, I'll probably go for the maxx hd.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a Razr Maxx to the S3 last weekend. As usual, I'm sorely disappointed in the Samsung build quality. The Moto far out shown the S3. BUT...the camera IS stellar! For the new HD to compete, it has to have an improved camera. Either way, I'll probably go back to Motorola when this new HD comes out.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It will probably be a noise machine like all other Motorola cameras. It's really disappointing cause their software and shutter speed are good. I love their custom gallery app as well. Camera quality always holds them back a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
The build quality is there and so is the almost stock version of the OS. But as usual on Motorola phones the camera is terrible.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Overall a good article on the Droid Rzar Maxx HD and one of the few where I have seen someone mention the cameras.

First look: New Razr phones are snappy, responsive

"Photos on the Razr
Finally, a quick nod to the Razr HD's cameras. Though I only had a chance to look at the resulting pictures and videos on the device itself and not a bigger screen, what I saw impressed me.
I didn't note a lot of noise even with wonky lighting, and the camera focused and snapped pics quickly. The camera app has a few tweaks to put settings right at your fingertip, but it's otherwise unobtrusive. I like that it's possible to take still shots while filming video."

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think the camera should be decent. Engadget really had good things to say about the camera under most scenarios on the Razr M. I am pretty sure they are using a little better sensor in the hd version.

boatman11

Banned
Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I think the camera should be decent. Engadget really had good things to say about the camera under most scenarios on the Razr M. I am pretty sure they are using a little better sensor in the hd version.

I don't know for sure but the Maxx HD should be a decent upgrade camera wise over the Maxx.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine and the camera is not much better than the original Maxx or the Nexus. Not even close to the SGIII. If you need a good camera go with the SGIII, i dont so not a dealbreaker for me. As always outdoor shots in the day are ok, but low light shots are terrible.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine and the camera is not much better than the original Maxx or the Nexus. Not even close to the SGIII. If you need a good camera go with the SGIII, i dont so not a dealbreaker for me. As always outdoor shots in the day are ok, but low light shots are terrible.

That's disappointing, hope Motorola knows they need to work on that in the near future. I don't take a ton of pictures either, but it does hurt the overall experience of the phone in a way.

Sent from my Motorola DROID RAZR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol