Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Wallet

Does anybody have an idea if I will be able to use Google Wallet on the maxx hd? I remember Verizon was blocking it on some phones earlier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Google Wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Moose View Post
    Does anybody have an idea if I will be able to use Google Wallet on the maxx hd? I remember Verizon was blocking it on some phones earlier.

It is blocked on the M so it would be my guess it is blocked here as well. I had the opportunity to try ISIS and it is pretty nice. I am sure someone over at XDA will get Google Wallet working on the Maxx HD.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's what I was afraid of. I don't get why carriers still do that. Let us use the device the way we want.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    qnet likes this.

Global Posts
    1,148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I agree

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Moose View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. I don't get why carriers still do that. Let us use the device the way we want.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Verizon is technically violating the FCC rules for carriers using LTE by blocking Google Wallet. I do not have a reference, but it shouldn't be too hard for you to find.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks. I did find some info on that in articles mentioning the ruling on blocking tethering apps like FoxFi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

If more people file a complaint with the FCC Verizon will have to address it. They got back to me years ago when I filed a complaint regarding how slow they used to take to port numbers over. I filed a complaint over their blocking of Google Wallet.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

How do you file a complaint? I've never done that.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Just search FCC Complaint. Under the type of complaint select net neutrality and enter all pertinent info. I added that they are also violating the sherman anti-trust act by blocking an application that competes with their own program.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks. I will have to do that when I get a chance.

I had loaded G Wallet on wifes Gnex while back and was using it. Now it's blocked. Verizon, along with other carriers have launched their pilot Isis wallet in Austin & Salt Lake City this week. It is coming soon to the rest of their customers as soon as the test period is over and they work out any found bugs. Just read this week that the razr hd & maxx is Isis ready. need to have nfc sim card and download the app from play store when it comes available. I've watched the youtube video's of it and it looks good.

There was a security update today for the Droid Razr HD/Maxx. I tried to search for Isis Wallet 2 days ago and it was not there for this phone. After the security update today, I found Isis Wallet is now available for download on the Razr HD/Razr HD Maxx now. I have downloaded it. Now waiting for it to come to my area in SC.

Global Posts
    1,148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I get a warning that my Motorola Maxx HD is not compatible and it tells me to uninstall it from my phone. God I want google wallet again.

Google Wallet-screenshot_2012-10-28-07-36-54.png
    Last edited by ChuckG73; 10-28-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: added screenshot
    geekymcfly likes this.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    I get a warning that my Motorola Maxx HD is not compatible and it tells me to uninstall it from my phone. God I want google wallet again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-28-07-36-54.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	43501
    You need their new NFC compatible SIM. Just swing by the VZW store and they'll hook you up, no charge. I live in SLC, and I'm excited to try Isis. They gave me $25 in my account just for signing up, so that was cool too.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Isn't there a fix for this

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!

Global Posts
    1,148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not the case...I went inn to Verizon and spoke to them on the phone and they said I have the correct SIM card and that this is 3rd party app and they can not assist me with my issue, that I have to reach out to ISIS.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    Not the case...I went inn to Verizon and spoke to them on the phone and they said I have the correct SIM card and that this is 3rd party app and they can not assist me with my issue, that I have to reach out to ISIS.
    So they gave you a new, red SIM card when you got the phone? If you have your old SIM card, you don't have the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    So they gave you a new, red SIM card when you got the phone? If you have your old SIM card, you don't have the right one.

The NFC SIM cards are part of the Isis rollout. Only Verizon stores in SLC and Austin have them now. When Isis availability is expanded, other locations will have new SIMs. Before then, they won't know what you're talking about.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    The NFC SIM cards are part of the Isis rollout. Only Verizon stores in SLC and Austin have them now. When Isis availability is expanded, other locations will have new SIMs. Before then, they won't know what you're talking about.
    So do you know that the guy with the problem isn't in one of those areas?

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    So do you know that the guy with the problem isn't in one of those areas?

His profile says Richmond, VA but it could be a trick I guess. The other clue is that if he were in SLC or Austin they would have known what he was talking about and that Isis is not a "third-party app."
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    His profile says Richmond, VA but it could be a trick I guess. The other clue is that if he were in SLC or Austin they would have known what he was talking about and that Isis is not a "third-party app."
    Yeah, you're probably right. I only browse the forum using Tapatalk, so I forgot you could see profile info on the website.

Global Posts
    1,148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am in Richmond so that must be the issue.

ROM
    Rooted .621

So why is Google Wallet blocked in the first place? This is the first time I am hearing about this. I am getting the Droid Razr Maxx HD and was excited to try Google Wallet.

Can Google Wallet be used on a rooted phone?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I have been trying to find a way to do it and so far I haven't had much luck. I do know some people are working on it on XDA but last I saw it wasn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by bentsh View Post
    So why is Google Wallet blocked in the first place? This is the first time I am hearing about this. I am getting the Droid Razr Maxx HD and was excited to try Google Wallet.
    I bought two Droid RAZR MAXX HDs in about March of 2013 through a promotion on Amazon. Part of the promotion was that I got $50 worth of apps on playstore for each phone. It was to be credited to my Google Wallet account. I have purchased several paid apps since then but playstore never has offered an option to pay with Wallet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast