Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    I'm going to the Verizon store today to ask them about price matching Best Buy. I'll let you all know what they say.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX
    Price matching best buy?

Default Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Quote Originally Posted by progers View Post
    I have the new razr maxx hd coming tomorrow ordered thru amazon for $199 which is $100 off Verizon cost. Some prev said it would be back ordered to dec which my order stated too until today. Just got email about 7pm saying it has been shipped to be here tomorrow. I did have to change my plan from unlimited data on my line only to $30 mo/2gig (have 3 smart phones in family-wifes still has unlim, and son has 2g/$30/mo. Anyway, you can get the phone for $199 and the razr hd for $149
    Keep in mind amazon has its own ETF of $250.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,711 Global Posts

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Price matching best buy?
    I didn't make it in...I'm going to today. Today is much less hectic (I hope).

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $

I went to Best Buy last night. They would not price match Amazon. I did however pull up Radio SHacks website and showed them that they are selling at $199. They matched that price. Walked out a proud owner of Razr MAXX HD for $199 plus tax.

Also - no fee for sim card that Verizon tried to charge me.
    Thanked by:

Default HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Quote Originally Posted by hancered View Post
    I went to Best Buy last night. They would not price match Amazon. I did however pull up Radio SHacks website and showed them that they are selling at $199. They matched that price. Walked out a proud owner of Razr MAXX HD for $199 plus tax.

Also - no fee for sim card that Verizon tried to charge me.
    Verizon tried to charge for a SIM? That's odd, I get those for free!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    I didn't make it in...I'm going to today. Today is much less hectic (I hope).

What are you talking about though? Your post sort of came out of nowhere with what you were asking them to price match.

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $

Quote Originally Posted by progers View Post
    I have the new razr maxx hd coming tomorrow ordered thru amazon for $199 which is $100 off Verizon cost. Some prev said it would be back ordered to dec which my order stated too until today. Just got email about 7pm saying it has been shipped to be here tomorrow. I did have to change my plan from unlimited data on my line only to $30 mo/2gig (have 3 smart phones in family-wifes still has unlim, and son has 2g/$30/mo. Anyway, you can get the phone for $199 and the razr hd for $149
    Mine is saying the same thing. How long after you ordered it did you get the e-mail saying it was shipped?
    Got lost in Cupertino...Finally found the light.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I got BB to pricematch Amazon and Radio Shack at 199, then got a $50 gift card from the Choose Phone Freedom promotion.....VERY happy with the MAXX HD for $149

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Just reading Amazon's FAQs, they are getting more detailed with restricting phone swapping to a different phone line. Amazon is starting to mimic Wirefly's restrictions. They definitely did not have this restriction listed when I purchased my Rezound for .01 cent last year this time.. Anyone known of anyone getting hit with the $250 fee for swapping their Amazon purchased phone to a different line?

Doesn't the 9 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at 9)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351745091.183217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5

Amazon is now showing $179 for a new line and in stock. It is still showing $199 for an upgrade.

Roger

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Best Buy also matches Target, who sells it for 199.99

- - - Updated - - -

Best Buy also matches Target, who sells it for 199.99

I currently have an unlimited data plan and would like to keep it. I have other lines in my plan on which I can activate the MAXX HD, but it sounds like the least risk way to do this is via Verizon. Otherwise, if I try it through Amazon or Wirefly and switch the phone over to my unlimited line, they could charge me for ETF when I cancel the new tiered data plan on the extra line.

Thanks,
    Roger

Default Re: Doesn't the $2R MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Quote Originally Posted by bassplyr View Post
    I currently have an unlimited data plan and would like to keep it. I have other lines in my plan on which I can activate the MAXX HD, but it sounds like the least risk way to do this is via Verizon. Otherwise, if I try it through Amazon or Wirefly and switch the phone over to my unlimited line, they could charge me for ETF when I cancel the new tiered data plan on the extra line.

Thanks,
    Roger
    100% correct

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Doesn't the $2R MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Probably a stupid question, but will Verizon price match brick and mortar stores like Target or Radio Shack?

Thanks,
    Roger

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?

Probably a stupid question, but will Verizon price match brick and mortar stores like Target or Radio Shack?

Thanks,
    Roger
    Nope. Don't buy from them.

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Nope. Don't buy from them.
    I got one from Verizon, then took it back and got one from Bestbuy instead and had them price match Amazon $199 ..they did it with no issues
    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Current Device:
    16GB Moto G

Will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan if I go through Best Buy?

Thanks,
    Roger

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks,
    Roger

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at

Just get it through wirefly. It's 200 there (the price a smartphone should be!) And if you use my referral link you'll get a 25 dollar visa gift card.

Inbox me for the link

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!

Thanks,
    Roger

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks,
    Roger
    You can't keep your unlimited anywhere if you plan on getting it on contract.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    You can't keep your unlimited anywhere if you plan on getting it on contract.
    Checked with Best Buy this evening and they were willing to match $199 from Amazon. Also were willing to activate on my dumb line so I could transfer it to my unlimited data line. I will probably take them up on it later this week.

Roger

I can confirm the Best Buy price match. I bought 2 @ $199 on a new contract family plan. This is my first android device and first Motorola since the StarTac. 6 hours in and I'm very pleased so far.
    iPhone? What iPhone? Oh that? Yeah, its for sale.

I can confirm the price match also. I am getting my Maxx HD next week and I went to Best Buy since reading this thread. They went to the Radio Shack web site and will price match the $199 for the Maxx HD, the $69.99 for the Maxx, and the $79.99 for the Razr M on Staples. I am happy and saving a lot of money this next weekend.
    Last edited by RetiredJedi; 11-13-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit exp?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

It would be cheaper to get it on wirefly at 200 and not pay any taxes or shipping.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit exp?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

My buying experience....

I got my Maxx HD from Amazon Wireless for $199.99. 7 days later I noticed it went down to $179.99. I called and they were nice enough to credit me 20 bucks...fantastic customer service. I then noticed Amazon had a trade in program for cell phones. I sent my HTC Thunderbolt in and they credited my account $102.50. Sure I probably could have got more if I sold it on ebay or something (don't know, didn't check) but didn't want to mess with all that. Anyways with the trade in, my total price for my Razr Maxx HD came to $77.49. I can live with that.
    The Hustleman and bgl321 like this.

FYI.. Looks like target has it for $199 + a $50 gift card!
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast