Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $

Did price match at Best Buy 199, They paid me $60 for my piece o crap 3 time refurbished Thunderbolt, and did the full 2 year insurance for 160, so saved roughly 240 by not buying it straight through Verizon at $10 a month protection plan 24 / mo, $240. full 24 mo upfront that is transferable for teh $160 direct through best buy. Feel like I got a smoking deal.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by scott15851 View Post
    Did price match at Best Buy 199, They paid me $60 for my piece o crap 3 time refurbished Thunderbolt, and did the full 2 year insurance for 160, so saved roughly 240 by not buying it straight through Verizon at $10 a month protection plan 24 / mo, $240. full 24 mo upfront that is transferable for teh $160 direct through best buy. Feel like I got a smoking deal.
    Congrats! I also got price matched at BB. As for insurance I stick with Asurion because it covers loss and theft, which squaretrade and Black Tie don't cover. I think Asurion for Androids is just $5.18, not 10. For iPhones it's $10.

Anyway, if you're looking for a laugh you should head over to the DNA forum, where I've tried to tell people not to set their money on fire by preordering and instead to price match at BB. The reactions may surprise you!

ROM
    I don't root.

Edit :
    Razr Maxx HD is $150 for new Verizon customers on Amazon. Still $175 for an upgrade on Amazon.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.

Default Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Congrats! I also got price matched at BB. As for insurance I stick with Asurion because it covers loss and theft, which squaretrade and Black Tie don't cover. I think Asurion for Androids is just $5.18, not 10. For iPhones it's $10.
    If you buy from BB, how do you get the ins thru Asurion? Amazon has RMHD for 149.99 so I am really tempted to buy from BB on price match.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW

I think if you call Verizon within 30 days of purchase you can add it.

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $

Quote Originally Posted by scott15851 View Post
    What did Best Buy price match it to? which store?

Best Buy will price match most brick and mortar stores and even some online stores like Amazon. I just printed out a copy of the Radio Shack online/instore price and they honored that at Best Buy when I bought my Maxx HD ($199.99).

As far as insurance, I can confirm that you have 30 days to decide on insurance from Asurian (via Verizon). I added my insurance ($5.18/month) 5 days after purchasing my phone. Asurian has two different plans, one is total equipment coverage (about $10/month) which adds warranty coverage for months 13-24 (with a deductible I believe) and the other is basic loss/damage/stolen coverage ($5.18/month). I choose the cheaper version as after a year I rather upgrade my phone than pay a large dedutible for a refurb for any warranty issue.

Good luck.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Motorola Razr Maxx HD, iPhone 4, Blackberry 9650
    Blackberry Playbook 16gb WiFi tablet

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if

Total Equipment Protection is $6.99 for the Maxx HD, the insurance without extended warranty is $5.18. With my Thunderbolt I opted to not get the extended warranty because I only signed a 1 year contact (RIP to those). I decided to add the extended warranty to my Maxx HD because of the non-removable battery.

I bought mine off contract to keep my unlimited data plan. Worth every penny!!
    JET4 likes this.

Is Best Buy still pricematching Amazon? If so, for how much longer are they expected to do so?

Also, regarding insurance: I can buy the phone at Best Buy and call Verizon within 30 days to add insurance to the phone, correct? (I dont think I want the Best Buy protection as I don't think it covers theft). The more expensive Verizon Android option, at $7/month I think, covers everything, but is there a deductible if I need to file a claim? Thanks.

Best Buy = $9.99 per month no deductible but does NOT cover theft or lost phone!!!
    Verizon = $6.99 per month $99 deductible and does cover theft or lost phone. With a 13 year old taking her phone to school theft and Lost phone was a must for me!

Thanked by:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123