Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Wingss

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm very interested in buying the phone, but I don't know if it's worth paying the 300 bucks. I tried wirefly/amazonwireless but it doesn't recognize my shipping address for some strange reason (maybe because it's linked to my Verizon account, which also doesn't recognize my shipping address?). I guess what I was wondering is, do you guys think if I go to a Verizon store on Black Friday I'll be able to get it for ~200 dollars? I think it'll be worth a month of waiting in that case then.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?

I'm going to the Verizon store today to ask them about price matching Best Buy. I'll let you all know what they say.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

The phone may seem expensive but don't forget what you are paying for. You are paying for a phone that has a HUGE battery, big HD screen and sadly the "DROID" name comes into play. They want the DROID line to have a top flagship phone with a top flagship price tag and this one is it. While the Note 2 may be the same price range, I don't see how they could possibly charge less for this phone. I paid off contract as well for this device and I was actually expecting $700 instead of $650.

Note 2 is going to be $300 simply because its bigger and newer than the GS3 and the GS3 highest price is $250. Why would Samsung/Carriers make the price of that device the same as a GS3 when it has better hardware, bigger screen and the most up to date OS? They wouldn't. $300 seems like it will be the new price for top of the line Android devices. Hell, we may soon see $350 with the new HTC phone coming out if it is packing the hardware the leaks have been saying.

Wingss

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

The phone may seem expensive but don't forget what you are paying for. You are paying for a phone that has a HUGE battery, big HD screen and sadly the "DROID" name comes into play. They want the DROID line to have a top flagship phone with a top flagship price tag and this one is it. While the Note 2 may be the same price range, I don't see how they could possibly charge less for this phone. I paid off contract as well for this device and I was actually expecting $700 instead of $650.

Note 2 is going to be $300 simply because its bigger and newer than the GS3 and the GS3 highest price is $250. Why would Samsung/Carriers make the price of that device the same as a GS3 when it has better hardware, bigger screen and the most up to date OS? They wouldn't. $300 seems like it will be the new price for top of the line Android devices. Hell, we may soon see $350 with the new HTC phone coming out if it is packing the hardware the leaks have been saying.

Do you think the price will drop for the Razr Maxx HD on Black Friday in verizon stores? That would be great for me since I can't buy it for the $200 wirefly, amazonwireless, etc due to shipping address not being recognized.

progers

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the new razr maxx hd coming tomorrow ordered thru amazon for $199 which is $100 off Verizon cost. Some prev said it would be back ordered to dec which my order stated too until today. Just got email about 7pm saying it has been shipped to be here tomorrow. I did have to change my plan from unlimited data on my line only to $30 mo/2gig (have 3 smart phones in family-wifes still has unlim, and son has 2g/$30/mo. Anyway, you can get the phone for $199 and the razr hd for $149

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the new razr maxx hd coming tomorrow ordered thru amazon for $199 which is $100 off Verizon cost. Some prev said it would be back ordered to dec which my order stated too until today. Just got email about 7pm saying it has been shipped to be here tomorrow. I did have to change my plan from unlimited data on my line only to $30 mo/2gig (have 3 smart phones in family-wifes still has unlim, and son has 2g/$30/mo. Anyway, you can get the phone for $199 and the razr hd for $149

Keep in mind amazon has its own ETF of $250.

hancered

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I went to Best Buy last night. They would not price match Amazon. I did however pull up Radio Shack's website and showed them that they are selling at $199. They matched that price. Walked out a proud owner of Razr MAXX HD for $199 plus tax.

Also - no fee for sim card that Verizon tried to charge me.
:D

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

I went to Best Buy last night. They would not price match Amazon. I did however pull up Radio Shack's website and showed them that they are selling at $199. They matched that price. Walked out a proud owner of Razr MAXX HD for $199 plus tax.

Also - no fee for sim card that Verizon tried to charge me.
:D

Verizon tried to charge for a SIM? That's odd, I get those for free!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I didn't make it in...I'm going to today. Today is much less hectic (I hope).

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

What are you talking about though? Your post sort of came out of nowhere with what you were asking them to price match.

jumper809

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Mine is saying the same thing. How long after you ordered it did you get the e-mail saying it was shipped?

2WYKD

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I got BB to pricematch Amazon and Radio Shack at 199, then got a $50 gift card from the Choose Phone Freedom promotion.....VERY happy with the MAXX HD for $149

Jay A whY

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Just reading Amazon's FAQs, they are getting more detailed with restricting phone swapping to a different phone line. Amazon is starting to mimic Wirefly's restrictions. They definitely did not have this restriction listed when I purchased my Rezound for .01 cent last year this time.. Anyone known of anyone getting hit with the $250 fee for swapping their Amazon purchased phone to a different line?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351745091.183217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5

bassplyr

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an unlimited data plan and would like to keep it. I have other lines in my plan on which I can activate the MAXX HD, but it sounds like the least risk way to do this is via Verizon. Otherwise, if I try it through Amazon or Wirefly and switch the phone over to my unlimited line, they could charge me for ETF when I cancel the new tiered data plan on the extra line.

Thanks,
Roger

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Doesn't the $2R MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

I currently have an unlimited data plan and would like to keep it. I have other lines in my plan on which I can activate the MAXX HD, but it sounds like the least risk way to do this is via Verizon. Otherwise, if I try it through Amazon or Wirefly and switch the phone over to my unlimited line, they could charge me for ETF when I cancel the new tiered data plan on the extra line.

Thanks,
Roger

100% correct

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

bassplyr

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Doesn't the $2R MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Probably a stupid question, but will Verizon price match brick and mortar stores like Target or Radio Shack?

Thanks,
Roger

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995