Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?
    (if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Default Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Not at all and the $650 retail I'm paying is acceptable too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    JET4 and creccaj1 like this.

I remember paying $300 for the T-Mobile sidekick 3. I would gladly pay $300 for the Maxx HD or Note 2. :-)

Edit: I may even pay full price!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $

I remember when T-Mobile allowed me to upgrade my phone for $300 by signing a new two-year contract even though I was not even a year into my current contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I remember when T-Mobile allowed me to upgrade my phone for $300 by signing a new two-year contract even though I was not even a year into my current contract.
    Me too! I think that's how I got the sidekick lx.

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamus View Post
    Me too! I think that's how I got the sidekick lx.

I miss those days... it was so much easier to satisfy my new technology.

DROID RAZR MAXX HD by Motorola - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Dell Mobile Phones

$199 from Dell Mobility. They have warranty options too.

Just saw this, but I got mine from Vzw.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by blakke39 View Post
    DROID RAZR MAXX HD by Motorola - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Dell Mobile Phones

$199 from Dell Mobility. They have warranty options too.

Just saw this, but I got mine from Vzw.
    Interesting...thanks for sharing. I feel like $299 is a lot, bit I still bought it. I'm going to show them the Dell price and them to match it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,633 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Default Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new G

Quote Originally Posted by D2246765
    Interesting...thanks for sharing. I feel like $299 is a lot, bit I still bought it. I'm going to show them the Dell price and them to match it.

Let us know if they price match. I'm sure they'll pull out the tome of excuses but I would like to hear what the results are.

Transmitted from the cutting edge of my electronic shaving device
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

Verizon won't price match on contract prices, especially from a company that has no physical retail stores. (The dell deal may also have a contract stipulation like amazon wireless and wirefly do)

Also, $299 is very reasonable for this device. If you don't want to pay it, wait until we get into the holiday season and they start running some sales.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Verizon won't price match on contract prices, especially from a company that has no physical retail stores. (The dell deal may also have a contract stipulation like amazon wireless and wirefly do)

Also, $299 is very reasonable for this device. If you don't want to pay it, wait until we get into the holiday season and they start running some sales.
    I already bought it...just figured I'd ask. It isn't going to make any real difference in my life.

Buying a phone at $300 subsidized just seems too much. Almosty worth it to just buy off contract.

Comparing the Razr Maxx HD to the Razr HD, the extra $100 gets you the bigger battery, and 32GB of built-in memory (the plain Razr HD comes with 16GB built-in). Not sure what the Note 2 has. Also, the build of Samsung phones and tablets leaves something to be desired. The Razr HD phones are built like a tank.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Buying a phone at $300 subsidized just seems too much. Almosty worth it to just buy off contract.
    How much is it off contract?

Default seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    How much is it off contract?

RAZR Maxx HD cost $650 off contract.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

Default D seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

$199 On Amazon wireless with best buy price matching that worked for me

Default Re: D seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Default Re: D seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    $199 On Amazon wireless with best buy price matching that worked for me

Yep...did the same thing a couple days ago @ bestbuy.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dst3r View Post
    Yep...did the same thing a couple days ago @ bestbuy.
    Does Best Buy want to charge $30 upgrade fee, and $30 for micro sim card?

Quote Originally Posted by hancered View Post
    Does Best Buy want to charge $30 upgrade fee, and $30 for micro sim card?
    You pay the $30 regardless. That's Verizon's upgrade fee, and it doesn't matter where you bought it.

Hey guys, I'm very interested in buying the phone, but I don't know if it's worth paying the 300 bucks. I tried wirefly/amazonwireless but it doesn't recognize my shipping address for some strange reason (maybe because it's linked to my Verizon account, which also doesn't recognize my shipping address?). I guess what I was wondering is, do you guys think if I go to a Verizon store on Black Friday I'll be able to get it for ~200 dollars? I think it'll be worth a month of waiting in that case then.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

I'm going to the Verizon store today to ask them about price matching Best Buy. I'll let you all know what they say.

The phone may seem expensive but don't forget what you are paying for. You are paying for a phone that has a HUGE battery, big HD screen and sadly the "DROID" name comes into play. They want the DROID line to have a top flagship phone with a top flagship price tag and this one is it. While the Note 2 may be the same price range, I don't see how they could possibly charge less for this phone. I paid off contract as well for this device and I was actually expecting $700 instead of $650.

Note 2 is going to be $300 simply because its bigger and newer than the GS3 and the GS3 highest price is $250. Why would Samsung/Carriers make the price of that device the same as a GS3 when it has better hardware, bigger screen and the most up to date OS? They wouldn't. $300 seems like it will be the new price for top of the line Android devices. Hell, we may soon see $350 with the new HTC phone coming out if it is packing the hardware the leaks have been saying.

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    The phone may seem expensive but don't forget what you are paying for. You are paying for a phone that has a HUGE battery, big HD screen and sadly the "DROID" name comes into play. They want the DROID line to have a top flagship phone with a top flagship price tag and this one is it. While the Note 2 may be the same price range, I don't see how they could possibly charge less for this phone. I paid off contract as well for this device and I was actually expecting $700 instead of $650.

Note 2 is going to be $300 simply because its bigger and newer than the GS3 and the GS3 highest price is $250. Why would Samsung/Carriers make the price of that device the same as a GS3 when it has better hardware, bigger screen and the most up to date OS? They wouldn't. $300 seems like it will be the new price for top of the line Android devices. Hell, we may soon see $350 with the new HTC phone coming out if it is packing the hardware the leaks have been saying.
    Do you think the price will drop for the Razr Maxx HD on Black Friday in verizon stores? That would be great for me since I can't buy it for the $200 wirefly, amazonwireless, etc due to shipping address not being recognized.

I have the new razr maxx hd coming tomorrow ordered thru amazon for $199 which is $100 off Verizon cost. Some prev said it would be back ordered to dec which my order stated too until today. Just got email about 7pm saying it has been shipped to be here tomorrow. I did have to change my plan from unlimited data on my line only to $30 mo/2gig (have 3 smart phones in family-wifes still has unlim, and son has 2g/$30/mo. Anyway, you can get the phone for $199 and the razr hd for $149
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast