Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: Upgrade from Maxx to Maxx HD - My thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    I had a bit of hands on time also and don't really see the big deal with the screen over my maxx(non HD). i had both on full bright and really thought there was a bit more brightness with the HD but nothing to write home about and not worth the $650 to purchase thats for sure.
    Coming from a Maxx I can say I see a huge leap in quality at high brightness. I even put both side by side and the Maxx looks so washed out sorta speak because its not as vibrant and clear to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

McIrish2,
    I, too, came over from the BB world and longed for a profile utility - such as I had with BB. What I found was "Timerific" ... which, for me, has worked flawlessly. It permits timed profiles and controls everything including notifications, sounds, wifi, bluetooth, etc. (And no, I'm not a paid sponsor. Just a very satisfied user).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drtrask View Post
    McIrish2,
    I, too, came over from the BB world and longed for a profile utility - such as I had with BB. What I found was "Timerific" ... which, for me, has worked flawlessly. It permits timed profiles and controls everything including notifications, sounds, wifi, bluetooth, etc. (And no, I'm not a paid sponsor. Just a very satisfied user).
    I will definitely be checking that out. Thanks

drtask and McIrish2: You really need to check out Smart Actions. You have to "step away" from what you know from Blackberry but Smart Actions can do a lot of really cool things. For example, when I get to work (my trigger is connecting to work wifi) my phone goes to vibrate mode and my screen off changes from my 2 minute default to a 1 minute default.

When I get home (trigger = connecting to home wifi) I have it set up to turn GPS off (don't need it at home), turn phone volume up, and change my wallpaper.

When I get in my car (trigger = bluetooth connection) my phone automatically turns ON GPS and turns OFF wifi and starts the car dock application.

I have a trigger set up so when I walk into my dentist's office my phone turns to silent.

Please check it out. You might be surprised what you can do with them.

To those of you that are working with ringtones and notifications, just an FYI that there are folders on the internal memory and you can save your files there, too. This way if you have your phone connected to your computer via USB your ringtones and notifications will still work (they won't work if you are USB connected to the computer and your sounds are on the memory card).
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    drtask and McIrish2: You really need to check out Smart Actions. You have to "step away" from what you know from Blackberry but Smart Actions can do a lot of really cool things. For example, when I get to work (my trigger is connecting to work wifi) my phone goes to vibrate mode and my screen off changes from my 2 minute default to a 1 minute default.

When I get home (trigger = connecting to home wifi) I have it set up to turn GPS off (don't need it at home), turn phone volume up, and change my wallpaper.

When I get in my car (trigger = bluetooth connection) my phone automatically turns ON GPS and turns OFF wifi and starts the car dock application.

I have a trigger set up so when I walk into my dentist's office my phone turns to silent.

Please check it out. You might be surprised what you can do with them.

To those of you that are working with ringtones and notifications, just an FYI that there are folders on the internal memory and you can save your files there, too. This way if you have your phone connected to your computer via USB your ringtones and notifications will still work (they won't work if you are USB connected to the computer and your sounds are on the memory card).
    Thanks, changed some of mine based on this.
    WCK

Well boys & girls, something happened this weekend that caused me to go get a new phone and as you can see from the signature I'm now sporting a Maxx HD. With some creative upgrade options, I was able to keep my Unlimited plan on my line. My stepson, who lost his phone over the weekend got my Maxx but he lost his unlimited data. We upgraded this on his line which changed his account then reactivated it on my line therefore not changing my line. One word, Awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    Well boys & girls, something happened this weekend that caused me to go get a new phone and as you can see from the signature I'm now sporting a Maxx HD. With some creative upgrade options, I was able to keep my Unlimited plan on my line. My stepson, who lost his phone over the weekend got my Maxx but he lost his unlimited data. We upgraded this on his line which changed his account then reactivated it on my line therefore not changing my line. One word, Awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Congratulations! The Maxx HD is a great phone. Best I've ever had ... so far. :-)

I'm actually shocked at how fast this thing is compared to the regular RAZR Maxx. I may miss some of the features that Motorola took away like moto cast and webtop, but I gain NFC which is going to be interesting. I've already used it to buy coffee at my local shop

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
    Thanked by:
    jroc 

Global Posts
    1,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by McIrish2 View Post
    And more:
    Email
    The email client is better. It now shows different colored icons in the notification bar so I can instantly see which of my email accounts has a new message. (I have 4)
    I can now have different ring tones and the ability to have it vibrate only on some accounts and not globally
    Which app is this? I am using the gmail app. I have 2 accounts and it would be nice to know which one I have a message from based on the icon color.

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Which app is this? I am using the gmail app. I have 2 accounts and it would be nice to know which one I have a message from based on the icon color.
    I think it's in reference to the native email app in ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123