RAZR HD Maxx Questions and Answers Thread

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm creating this thread for any questions anyone may have and all of us can help solve each others issues. Let me start off by asking a dumb question.

How do I remove that Google search bar at the top home screen? I can't seem to remove it by holding my finger on it for a hard press.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who got it?

my2uvuqy.jpg
It seems a bit weaker as I'm only sitting at two bars but it may read differently.

The signal is getting better now so its all good. Will report more details later.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
So far as the google search bar, you're stuck with it. It was introduced as part of ICS. Since it looks like Moto is trying to remain as skinless as possible they left it in place. The only way to get rid of it may be to go with another launcher.

As for WiFi signal strength, I am assuming that you are talking about reception? If so it is pulling in a signal just as well as the kids MAXXs do.

I noticed there is no flashlight app. Try TeslaLED. Why? Because of the lack of permissions it seeks. Also its pretty darned flexible.

Now for my questions:
1) There is no calculator widget? Really. Any suggestions for a replacement?

2) On the MAXX you could set up an ICE (In case of emergency) button. The reason for this is if you become disabled, an emergency responder can look up who to contact if you were incapacitated. It bypassed the lock screen. Is this a function that they dropped with the HD? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the new wallpaper setup because just like the tablets its awkward. I use PicSpeed from the market to set my wallpaper and it works like a charm.

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
How do I turn my notification light on. It is off for some reason

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I am experiencing some issues with wifi. Mine is going out periodically. I tried rebooting the router and deleting and reestablishing the conection but still seeing issues.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing some issues with wifi. Mine is going out periodically. I tried rebooting the router and deleting and reestablishing the conection but still seeing issues.

I have not seen any of these issues as of yet. What type of router are you using? I'm using a Linksys e3000 with zero issues.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble turning off vibrations when you use the keyboard. I went into (Settings => Sound => Vibrate on touch) and de-selected it and it still vibrates whenever I use the keyboard to text somebody. Anyone have the same problem or a fix?

Solution: I must of blanked out because this was a real easy one. Settings => Language & Input => Motorola Input => Uncheck vibrate on key press....

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is the phone being released with JB, or is it yet another brand new "top of the line" Motorola phone that is being released with an old OS?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I see it's an International phone but is the SIM card unlocked like it is on the iPhone 5? I'd rather not have to pay VZW's fees when traveling abroad

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I see it's an International phone but is the SIM card unlocked like it is on the iPhone 5? I'd rather not have to pay VZW's fees when traveling abroad
I am going to Ireland in November, I would love some advice on how to best take advantage of this phone while abroad.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth is amazing. Today driving into work I set it up and when I called my wife she could not even tell. This is the 1st phone that I have ever had, where bluetooth is crystal clear.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Is the phone being released with JB, or is it yet another brand new "top of the line" Motorola phone that is being released with an old OS?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I wanna say it was released with jellybean from what I read anyways. I could be wrong or was reading something else.

Transmitted from the cutting edge of my electronic shaving device

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has seen the small blue flashing house icon that is in the area of the signal bar icons?? I called VZ and they are not sure.