Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Default Re: Case for the Maxx HD

I contacted Trident Cases about the Kraken Case for the Razr Maxx HD. This one is supposed to be available "within the month of December" and they said to check their website daily...nothing there yet. Check out the photos for the Razr Maxx, it looks pretty good too. I've been quite satisfied with the case I've had for my Droid X.

Quote Originally Posted by TMPNOVA View Post
    I contacted Trident Cases about the Kraken Case for the Razr Maxx HD. This one is supposed to be available "within the month of December" and they said to check their website daily...nothing there yet. Check out the photos for the Razr Maxx, it looks pretty good too. I've been quite satisfied with the case I've had for my Droid X.
    Ohhh. I'm gonna have to check them out. My biggest gripe with Otterbox is that they do not make a belt clip holster that can work with a 1.75" wide duty belt. So far only Sedio made one. If these guys make compatible clips I'm going to have to check them out.
    klwit307 likes this.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Ohhh. I'm gonna have to check them out. My biggest gripe with Otterbox is that they do not make a belt clip holster that can work with a 1.75" wide duty belt. So far only Sedio made one. If these guys make compatible clips I'm going to have to check them out.
    I have done the Otterbox Commuter and Seidio Spring Clip on 3 phones now, its like they are made for each other. All have fit like gloves. BB Bold 9900, HTC One X and now my MAXX HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    ClintRoHES 

It looks like Trident is beginning their roll-out of cases for the Droid Razr Maxx HD: the Aegis Case. This looks about like what I have for the Droid X, before trident had these different model names. I'm still going to wait for the kraken or kraken a.m.s.

I like the otterbox commuter but i wish it had a more rubbery feel to it. Is there a case that has the protection but a rubber feel to it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

No kickstand on the aegis?

Anyone try this one yet?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AK4...idcentral00-20

No reviews, but it was so cheap, I figured I'd take a gamble and order it....should have by this Thursday. I'd love to get the Aegis one IF it had a kickstand.

I do have the Verizon one with a kickstand and really like it. It's true that it's a bit stubborn removing the phone from holster, but I rarely use that part.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

I contacted Trident Cases on facebook as well and they said they should have the Kraken for the Maxx HD by next week sometime, and that it will be available in black, green, pink, red and blue. That will have a kickstand on it I believe

Quote Originally Posted by gopher500 View Post
    I contacted Trident Cases on facebook as well and they said they should have the Kraken for the Maxx HD by next week sometime, and that it will be available in black, green, pink, red and blue. That will have a kickstand on it I believe
    "Release the Kraken! " ;-)
    HES likes this.

Thanks for doing this. I contacted them via email and they just told me to keep checking their website. Looks like my Facebook aversion didn't pay off this time...

Anybody have any experience with Bodyguardz Armor cases? I was thinking about getting this one for my new Maxx HD

BodyGuardz Armor Carbon Fiber Full Body for Motorola RAZR MAXX HD, RAZR HD - Android Cases

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

FIRST DROP!

I have the Diztronic TPU case on my MAXX HD. First drop today from my pocket (I'm 6'2") to the concrete. I freaked out.The case took it like a champ. Landed on the lower right corner towards the screen. The phone was intact. The case has a mark where it landed. Overall happy with the case. I wanted something slim and less bulky than a Seidio Surface case (I used to have that on my last phone). I was thinking about going naked with this phone... glad I didn't.

SEIDIO SURFACE CASE IS OUT

SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

I am a die hard Seidio fan, for their slimness, durability and shock absorption. I was wondering if anyone has already picked this up and is willing to post pictures? This also comes with a metal kickstand which I have never seen before on a Surface model. I'll probably retire my Dual Pro, which has been very good but adds a bit of bulk, and get this new sexy Seidio case.

So if you have picked this up, post some pictures!!

I, too, love Seidio cases. I would've considered the Surface, IF the kickstand supported both landscape and portrait orientation. Plus, msrp of $35 seems high to me.

For $11 including shipping, I bought this one, although in white:

http://www.amazon.com/Hybrid-Viewing...idcentral00-20

Slightly bulky, although less than Otterbox. Great kickstand (portrait/landscape). Made of both silicone and plastic, with silicone covers for side buttons, but not ports. Fit/function had been great, so far.

Steve

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

I'm looking for a solid case with a rubber feel. Is the sedio
    Case it?

Just picked up a Otter Box Defender for my Maxx HD, gotta say its a rugged case, very rugged. Fit like a glove no issues there, I love it besides the bulk, really made the phone huge.
    klwit307 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckNet View Post
    I'm looking for a solid case with a rubber feel. Is the sedio
    Case it?

Seidio cases, at least the surface, do not have a rubbery feel. but I have had no problem gripping them in the past. The case is a hard shell case. I would recommend the Seidio case. But if you want something with rubber on it that doesn't suck but still is a little slim, I would check out the dual pro case.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by zackh123 View Post
    Seidio cases, at least the surface, do not have a rubbery feel. but I have had no problem gripping them in the past. The case is a hard shell case. I would recommend the Seidio case. But if you want something with rubber on it that doesn't suck but still is a little slim, I would check out the dual pro case.
    Thanks. Which one is the rubber feeling one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-B View Post
    I wanted a case with some protection and purchased the Incipio DualPro case and the Otterbox Commuter case with the idea of returning the one I didn't like as well.

On the DualPro, it is slightly rubberized and feels just like the Kevlar back of the phone. On the Commuter, it is a hard surface, and even though it has some molded texture to it, I found the Commuter surface much more slippery. So between the smaller size, the rubberized shell surface, and the less cost I kept the DualPro and returned the Commuter.
    Now that you've had it for a while, how are you liking your Incipio Pro Case? I see via the web that the volume rocker and the power switch is covered by the silicon liner. Could you give me some feedback on the pros and cons of having these controls covered? Do you like them covered? Why or why not?

Also, I put my Maxx HD in my front pants pocket. Is the Pro Case easily pocketable?

Quote Originally Posted by PowrDroid View Post
    Now that you've had it for a while, how are you liking your Incipio Pro Case? I see via the web that the volume rocker and the power switch is covered by the silicon liner. Could you give me some feedback on the pros and cons of having these controls covered? Do you like them covered? Why or why not?

Also, I put my Maxx HD in my front pants pocket. Is the Pro Case easily pocketable?
    At first I hated the idea of having the buttons covered, but now I'm neutral. It doesn't make a huge difference. You can still feel the buttons fine and the case fits tight so the buttons always get pressed. The hybrid case (soft and hard) took a little getting used to, but it's a neat reliable design. But like I said before, I don't mind having them covered or uncovered.

As for pocketable...
    Standing / Walking = Yes
    Sitting Down = NO

I don't think you could comfortable sit down with this phone uncovered in your pocket haha. But I rarely have my phone in my pocket when I'm sitting down anyways.

To sum up, it's a different approach to a case, being "Dual Pro" and all. I'm going to wait until people post pictures/videos of the Seidio Surface and will most likely switch over.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckNet View Post
    Thanks. Which one is the rubber feeling one?

If you want a rubbery case from Seidio, go with the Seidio Active. It's a lot like the Incipio Dual Pro case being that it is a mix between a hard shell and a rubbery material. This case is a lot thicker than the surface though. The Active is not out yet for the Razr Maxx HD, but go on Seidio's website and look at the ones made for the Droid Razr Maxx or Galaxy.

Somebody said the seidio kickstand case is available? Says under development on seidio website. Got a link to seidio kickstand case for maxx hd?

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Somebody said the seidio kickstand case is available? Says under development on seidio website. Got a link to seidio kickstand case for maxx hd?

Thats a link for the Seidio SURFACE case with a metal kickstand. Looks pretty sharp and sleek.

Quote Originally Posted by zackh123 View Post

Thats a link for the Seidio SURFACE case with a metal kickstand. Looks pretty sharp and sleek.
    Availability:
    Under Development
    Product Code: CSR3MTRXHK-BK
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8 = BOOM
    You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    Availability:
    Under Development
    Product Code: CSR3MTRXHK-BK
    That's weird. I can see it clear as day.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast