Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree23Likes

Default Re: Case for the Maxx HD

I've own the following :
    Otterbox commuter- great coverage but to thick and slick.
    Cruzerlite- very thin but too slick
    Verizon case hard plastic with kick stand. - using now and really like it. Also like the holster. Not as thick as the Otterbox.
    Verizon rubber case non glossy. Perfect rubber feeling and thin. Just got it and will try soon. Feels good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

I would love the verizon case if it covered the top and bottom of my phone. I also hate the holster so I use a leather holster.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock
    I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I would never try a case with no kickstand.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I would never try a case with no kickstand.
    Which case do you have?
    Currently I have the Cruzerlite Clear and looking for a slim design case with kick stand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Currently have the vzw kickstand case with "holster". The holster offers no protection from rain or bumps so I use a leather belt pouch. The case would be fine if it had a top and bottom. It doesn't to facilitate use of the cheesy holster. I prefer a case that covers the back and all 4 edges, not just 2. Thin and grippy with protection against falls from any angle including a kickstand that can be used in any angle are a must for me.

I work in K9 training, and went with the Otterbox Defender for the "just in case" factor of working with dogs in action.

Fit is about as perfect as I can ask for and protection is also about as good as I've ever seen. While the holster won't work with a duty belt, it does keep the phone secure and I've yet to have it bumped out of the holster or knocked out.

Very pleased.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I have two cases now. This one: Amazon.com: VMG Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Hard Cell Phone Case Cover - BLUE [by VANMOBILEGEAR] *** For New RAZR MAXX "HD" XT926 Only ***: Everything Else that I bought for $2 plus shipping and the Otterbox Defender. The OB makes the phone HUGE, so I rarely use it. The $2 case is actually what I use the most, plus a Zagg screen protector.

I don't mind the bulk of the Defender case. My problem now is finding a vehicle mount that is actually secure.
    Slipgrip hasn't come out with one for the Maxx HD in a defender yet. Just talked with them and they said they haven't rec'd their case from OB yet. Strange, since I've had mine for about 2 weeks now. Anyway...they are planning on one soon though. I'll probably wait until they get it done.

Anyone have experience with RAM Mounts' universal? How snugly will it hold the phone?

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

I want the Otterbox Defender in camo and for some reason they have it for the HD but no plans for the MAXX HD. Kind of frustrating.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Bracketron universal vent mount works well for me.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001B2...idcentral00-20

Kraken AMS for the Razr Maxx HD is out. Just ordered mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by klwit307 View Post
    I work in K9 training, and went with the Otterbox Defender for the "just in case" factor of working with dogs in action.

Fit is about as perfect as I can ask for and protection is also about as good as I've ever seen. While the holster won't work with a duty belt, it does keep the phone secure and I've yet to have it bumped out of the holster or knocked out.

Very pleased.
    I hear ya. Others have said that the Seidio Active Holsters will work well with the Otterbox cases

Someone else mentioned Trident Cases upthread. I was unaware of them. Here is their Kraken model. Looks to be either on par or provide better protection than the Otterbox Defender / Seidio Defender. The only downside I can see is the lack of phone face protection. So you'd definitely need something like Invisishield. I can't tell if the clip would work either.
    klwit307 likes this.

I use the hard case with the kick stand from Verizon. I like it, but don't use the holster. The glossy case was too girly for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    Who? likes this.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

is there a case like the commuter (protection wise) but thinner? i have the commuter but am turned off by how huge it makes the phone. anyone have anything that provides similar protection but isnt as bulky?

Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    I hear ya. Others have said that the Seidio Active Holsters will work well with the Otterbox cases

Someone else mentioned Trident Cases upthread. I was unaware of them. Here is their Kraken model. Looks to be either on par or provide better protection than the Otterbox Defender / Seidio Defender. The only downside I can see is the lack of phone face protection. So you'd definitely need something like Invisishield. I can't tell if the clip would work either.
    I just holster the phone face in. Don't like the screen out any way, especially when working dogs.

Had a Defender on my Droid X and was very impressed with the protection given by the built-in screen protector.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post

I can tell you the Seidio Active Spring Clip fits the Otterbox Commuter like a glove. This is my 3rd phone with the combo.

Thanked by:
    HES 
    ClintRo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BLG23 View Post
    I can tell you the Seidio Active Spring Clip fits the Otterbox Commuter like a glove. This is my 3rd phone with the combo.

My only question is about the Seidio and a Defender. Will they fit?

I'm using one of those leather Verizon cases.

I'm wondering if there's a little less bulky alternative, that is still the same type of case. Anyone got anything similar?

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I ordered this one and will post how it is when I get it...
    I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I was going to buy the Kraken but too expensive for me.

Does it need a case? I have had a gel type back case on mine since I got it, that worked just fine after many minor drops until. Last night 3AM on an emergency call I tripped over some debris and my Razr Maxx HD went flying and landed face down on a rock. It is dead, totally dead and I am shopping for a flip case for my new one. Does anyone know if the info can be rescued when the phone won't turn on and have you seen any good flip covers for this phone THAT AREN'T BLACK (I can't find them in the dark)?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789