weather widget not changing citys and cant add new ones

jonson74

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got the razr maxx hd, The weather widget wont change when I go to another city or town. Also when I try to add a new city by zip and city name it wont find it, In fact if I search a city or town it will show up a city in the UK. Is it possible I have a UK version phone? Ort is there another fix.

Thanks

jonson74

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have GPS services enabled?

Transmitted from the cutting edge of my electronic shaving device

yes i do

actually I just tried entering a Major city IE Boston and that worked, but when I enter a local town or city it doesnt come up.

Last edited:

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't update based on my location, but I was able to add every city I searched for. I disabled the "by location" part of the weather.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I can find major citys not local ones or towns, maybe thats normal.

Can you give one of the town names or zip codes you've tried? It found the local towns and cities I searched for, even my little town. I'll input the town names or zip codes into my phone to see if it works.

jonson74

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Can you give one of the town names or zip codes you've tried? It found the local towns and cities I searched for, even my little town. I'll input the town names or zip codes into my phone to see if it works.

Thanks guys for the help, this fix was the setting in language and input. It was set to UK, I changed to US and rebooted and it works perfectly now. When it was set up the rep must have used UK instead of US.

Last edited:

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Still, isn't that widget supposed to update itself based on your location? Mine only detected my location upon first enabling the location settings, but once I went to work it would not update.
Shorty story: i replaced with HD Widgets which I had bought while on my previous phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie