FYI: Factory reset = Almost 15 minutes

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I factory rest TWO droid razr HD maxx phones and they both took a very long time to boot from a factory reset.

EDITED because I didnt expect this to take that long.

Last edited:

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Warning. Avoid factory reset

I factory rest TWO droid razr HD maxx phones and they are garbage now. They get stuck in recovery and will not complete the formatting its supposed to do. Numerous attempts to restart the phone do nothing.

My first Razr HD Maxx would take 10 minutes to finish the recover/format factory reset. There were a couple of other issues (phone would reboot itself). I went back to my local VZW store, got a new replacement, and a factory reset completes in just a few minutes. Phone is also more stable. You may want to take it back, and get a replacement. Doesn't sound right at all.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

This is my second replacement. it says:

ge0.0

formatting/data

and is stuck for a long time.

EDIT: Looks like ETA for a full factory reset is: 13 minutes

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

That's a long factory reset but now that I think about it my RAZR Maxx took about that long too. Still a little bit concerning though considering you have no idea what's going on.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
That's a long factory reset but now that I think about it my RAZR Maxx took about that long too. Still a little bit concerning though considering you have no idea what's going on.

Yes it takes a very long time. Longest factory reset I've even seen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2