wifi issue cutting in and out

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
New RAZR HD...wifi is horrible......Motorola PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

I had mine replaced the other day because my Wi-Fi kept cutting in and out and at times didn't load pages when connected. The new phone has the same issue and its definitely not just an isolated incident. An earlier post by me said I had no such issues so this is odd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I was having problems too. Open settings then Wi-Fi, then hit the little three dot key, then advanced and turn off 'avoid poor connections.'

My Wi-Fi no longer drops.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was having problems too. Open settings then Wi-Fi, then hit the little three dot key, then advanced and turn off 'avoid poor connections.'

Thank you, I will give that a go. I don't leave a strong area much but maybe it confused itself.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So my Wi-Fi no longer cuts out but it does randomly become slow when I leave the room with my router. My original Maxx never had this issue and its definitely a software or hardware issue that can't be fixed without an update or change of antenna. No replacement will fix this.

PBX-Tech

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I wasnt even able to connect to my Netgear WiFi router until I unchecked this setting. I almost went back to my Thunderbolt, thanks Steve.

NoEviL

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
do you mean the channel settings? thats the only setting that is on auto.

Thanks

Make sure the poor connections is unchecked in Wi-Fi advanced settings. See below for a screenshot

Sent from Razr MAXX HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356324803140.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356324803140.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 36

systemBuilder2

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a brand new Razr Maxx HD (today), and have been worrying about the RF performance all day long. The phone always gives me 1 bar of 3G signal strength, whereas my wife's iPhone 4S always had 3 bars. the LTE signal strength is NEVER better than -100 dBm. I turned on signal strength monitoring on both phones, and the Razr Maxx HD is sometimes 10 dBm lower in signal strength than the iPhone, maybe half the time they are equal, and rarely the Razr Maxx HD has a better signal than the iPhone 4S (maybe 5% of the time.)

I drove to Radio Shack and at one stoplight, the 3G just stopped completely. Maybe I was in a dead spot, but the web page just wouldn't load.

Tonight, in our living room, the Razr Maxx HD just barely connected to our 802.11 b/g router @ 1 Mbps. The AP is 35 feet away, through one wall. Meanwhile, the laptop gets 36 Mbps or higher. The laptop runs Netflix just fine. The Razr Maxx HD is a FAILon Netflix in our living room, IMHO this unit is a FAIL on WiFi, it's going back to the store tomorrow.

fairenough786

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
hi all...

I have O2 broadband (not called sky) Wifi router at home and my wifi also cuts off of my all 3 android phones whenever it likes. When i spoke to the O2 customer support they changed the channel and it immediately connected. Since then when i do my wifi router search, i find about 18 different SSID's in a block of 12 flats. So i suppose they all using diff. channels or any 2 or more people using same channel. now if i have the problem, i just log into the settings of my router (192.168.1.254) and change the channel. all phones and tablets start working. Wish there was an android app that will lock to the wifi channel on the router.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey