1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Notification sounds

Anyone had issues lowering the notification volume? I keep lowering it in settings, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Notification sounds

Make sure you don't have a smart action changing the volume. I couldn't figure out why my volume kept defaulting to high for my ringtone even though I kept turning it down, and then I realized in my Home Smart Action I had a setting that changed volume to high.

I had to set mine 2 notches from the lowest setting. Same for the alarm. Its just a loud phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Yep, its a loud phone and I love it. I am so sick of phones with anemic speakers. It drove me bugged with my Rezound and drove me bat nuts insane with my Galaxy Nexus.

Another sound related issue. I believe that Handcent is causing a problem. Both times I have updated it and it appears that on both occasions it wiped out my ringtone and notification sounds. Each time I had to manually reset them. I've got an email into them.

Its loud...but have some wimpy alarm ringtones, like the G Nex. I had to bring over my rooster alarm from my RAZR.

The G Nex just had a softer speaker in general.

About notification volume, you might wanna try a volume app that can adjust system volume.
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Yeah the tones in general sound like a bunch of rejects from a techno MP3. I've wound up using the tones that someone years ago lifted from a blackberry bold.

How did you get the rooster sound out of your old Phone, i am trying to do this exact thing... i have a razr Maxx HD and the alarms on there are seriously lacking bite.

Quote Originally Posted by cptcobra View Post
    How did you get the rooster sound out of your old Phone, i am trying to do this exact thing... i have a razr Maxx HD and the alarms on there are seriously lacking bite.
    Depending on what file manager you use, it might be a lil different. But its in system/media/audio/alarms. I'm rooted too and used Root Explorer so I dont know if that makes a difference. Some folders you might cant get in unless you're rooted.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

if you have a file manager app than copy your ring tones to the 'alarms' folder.
    As for transferring the ring tones, either hook your old phone to your pc or use a cloud storage service such as Dropbox.
    you could also email them to yourself.
    If you are using the built-in Files app than copy the rings tones to the appropriate folder on the 'device storage' (the alarm, notification, and ring tone folders are already there)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I appreciate that phone can be loud, but there should also be the option to make it soft. 1 notch up from vibrate is as loud as my Nexus was on full volume. This phone doesn't do soft/quite whatsoever. No reason it can't do both loud and soft. One notch up from vibrate should be barely audible.
    Last edited by Snareman; 11-04-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swavek View Post
    if you have a file manager app than copy your ring tones to the 'alarms' folder.
    As for transferring the ring tones, either hook your old phone to your pc or use a cloud storage service such as Dropbox.
    you could also email them to yourself.
    If you are using the built-in Files app than copy the rings tones to the appropriate folder on the 'device storage' (the alarm, notification, and ring tone folders are already there)
    I came to the Droid Razr Maxx from the Droid 2 and I'd love to transfer some of my old ringtones to my new phone. I can't see the files under the files app or on my computer when I connect it. Can you help? Thanks!