will Jelly Bean update mayke RZAR MAXX HD run as fast as my current Galaxy Nexus?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I played with a RAZR MAXX HD for the first time at a Verizon Wireless corporate store this morning.

It has a much better build quality than my VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The weight and material just feel nicer.

The only thing the I noticed was that the RAZR MAXX HD was noticeably slower than my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I know it's not fair to compare a device running Ice Cream Sandwich with another one running Jelly Bean. However, I don't recall my Galaxy Nexus being this laggy when it was still on Ice Cream Sandwich. It got a lot worse when I had Google Navigation running in the background... the App drawer was sluggish when I slide from screen to screen.

If Motorola updates the RAZR MAXX HD to Jelly Bean, will it run as fast as my current Galaxy Nexus?

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I think its more of a deal comparing a device that only YOU use to a demo unit that has loads of crap on it to show it off and that other people use. I noticed before I bought my Maxx that the demo unit was noticeably slower and more sluggish than the unit that I finally got in the mail. Just my .02 cents.

Sent from my XT912 using Android Central Forums

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I think its more of a deal comparing a device that only YOU use to a demo unit that has loads of crap on it to show it off and that other people use. I noticed before I bought my Maxx that the demo unit was noticeably slower and more sluggish than the unit that I finally got in the mail. Just my .02 cents.

Sent from my XT912 using Android Central Forums

I don't know if it was a demo unit or an employee phone. A couple of other customer were hogging the store display RAZR MAXX HD. (something I do frequently, but I never hog it for more than 5 minutes.. those two played with it for over half an hour) The store manager went to the back and brought out another one for me to try. It wasn't even activated and the manager had to get a 4G LTE SIM card before I could play with it.

tbcpn#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I played with a RAZR MAXX HD for the first time at a Verizon Wireless corporate store this morning.

It has a much better build quality than my VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The weight and material just feel nicer.

The only thing the I noticed was that the RAZR MAXX HD was noticeably slower than my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I know it's not fair to compare a device running Ice Cream Sandwich with another one running Jelly Bean. However, I don't recall my Galaxy Nexus being this laggy when it was still on Ice Cream Sandwich. It got a lot worse when I had Google Navigation running in the background... the App drawer was sluggish when I slide from screen to screen.

If Motorola updates the RAZR MAXX HD to Jelly Bean, will it run as fast as my current Galaxy Nexus?

I picked up a Razr Maxx HD the other day. Also have a VZW G-Nex that is currently running JellyBelly 9.1 with Faux 21m using stock clock settings (1.2 max). The Razr is certainly no slower than the GNex, and probably a bit quicker. Got the Razr for battery life, which at least for the two days I've had it, is flat out amazing. (My wife has the VZW S3 which does much better than the GNex with the battery management).