Battery Testimonials

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed us MAXX owners... we love to talk about our battery life. Here's mine: away from a charger for 13 hours. Used my phone at least 9 of those hours of 4G LTE web browsing, GPS guidance, youtube, texting, playing games... 55% when I get home.

My aunt's iPhone 4s dropped below 40% halfway through the day. I ended up educating her about portable battery packs.

jtl

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you charge yours before first use? Mine ran for about 24 hours with about 6 hours of screen time -- mostly wifi.

I've noticed us MAXX owners... we love to talk about our battery life. Here's mine: away from a charger for 13 hours. Used my phone at least 9 of those hours of 4G LTE web browsing, GPS guidance, youtube, texting, playing games... 55% when I get home.

My aunt's iPhone 4s dropped below 40% halfway through the day. I ended up educating her about portable battery packs.

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you charge yours before first use? Mine ran for about 24 hours with about 6 hours of screen time -- mostly wifi.
When I got my MAXX HD, I went from the store to home, charged for 5 minutes, and ran straight to work. It drained to 1% that day before I took it off of full brightness lol. (Today, my screen was mostly on half or auto brightness.)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but I'm going to paste it in here.

A few statistics from my day and battery usage.

Battery Percentage - 28% (Discharging from 100%)
Time on Battery - 11 Hours and 40 Minutes
Screen - 58% (3 Hours and 55 Minutes)
Voice Calls - 15% (45 Minutes and 33 Seconds)
Wi-Fi - 7% (Running 11 Hours and 33 Minutes, but wasn't actually connected to a Wi-Fi network until hour number 10)
Phone Idle - 7 Hours and 38 Minutes
Tapatalk - 4%
Chrome - 3%
Android System - 3%
Cell Standby - 2%
Bluetooth - 2%

A few notes to consider is that during most of my screen on time, I was surfing the web on Google Chrome and Android Central on Tapatalk. I also spent a little bit of that time text messaging and messing with widgets and such but that wasn't for long. Approximately 97% of my screen on time would have been during internet usage of some sort. I have my brightness set to automatic and due to the bright environment, I was at a pretty high setting all day. I was on 3G most of the day but in the beginning of my day it kept losing data signal and switching between 4G LTE and 3G. That was where quite a bit of my battery drained. I do not have any applications such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. updating at any intervals. WeatherBug Elite, however, updates every 6 hours and Comcast XFINITY every hour because you can't set these to not auto-refresh so I just set them to the maximum time allowed. Overall, I'm extremely happy I chose the Maxx over the standard HD because the extra juice is always welcome. Coming from the RAZR Maxx, the HD last as long if not longer so I'm very happy. Motorola has created the elite device in the Android market and possibly cell phones in general. Superb battery life with an HD screen on an open operating system just screams awesomeness!

maxxHD

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I too posted in another thread, I got 29 hours and 10 minutes on my first full charge. Doing different stuff trying to learn how to use the phone. I think I had about 50% screen time or something like that.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
A few statistics from the last few days and battery usage.

Battery Percentage - 45% (Discharging from 100%)
Time on Battery - 2 days 2 Hours and 14 Minutes
Screen - 23% (2 Hours and 30 Minutes)
Voice Calls - 3% (8 Minutes and 26 Seconds)
Wi-Fi - 25% (Running 1 day, 22 Hours and 47 Minutes)
Phone Idle - 1 day, 23 Hours and 43 Minutes

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an issue with the battery usage with wakelock???? I have done a couple of searches and dont really understand. I have uninstalled everything from the market but that didnt help. It seems to be very close to the same % as the phone idle %. Any ideas????

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is nuts. Finally down to 7%, but it's taken 36 hours!

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Light, moderate, or heavy usage? 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, or no data and how much approximately of each? Screen brightness at auto? Any applications such as Twitter updating periodically? All of this matters and may help others understand better as to why you get this and they may not.

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an issue with the battery usage with wakelock???? I have done a couple of searches and dont really understand. I have uninstalled everything from the market but that didnt help. It seems to be very close to the same % as the phone idle %. Any ideas????

Check to see if maps is auto updating your location. Mine was and I just unchecked it.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Check to see if maps is auto updating your location. Mine was and I just unchecked it.
I actually had to factory reset. Whatever was triggering it wouldnt reset itself. It was using more battery percentage than the screen on full. Thank you for the help. This is a great phone and I hope this doesnt continue to be an issue.

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I actually had to factory reset. Whatever was triggering it wouldnt reset itself. It was using more battery percentage than the screen on full. Thank you for the help. This is a great phone and I hope this doesnt continue to be an issue.

That's what I'm saying. My maps had over 1000 wakes before I disabled updating my location. That might have something to do with wakelock. I'll know more tomorrow since I just disabled it tonight.

jtl

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys think that the following is normal for the MAXX HD? 14.5 hours of off charger (starting at 100%). Now down to 35%. Screen on for 3 hours, 50 minutes of phone calls, Wi-fi connected for about 6 of the 14.5 hours (the rest on 4G), 15 minutes of web browsing, and some Granny Smith. I have one Gmail account and one Exchange account -- both push mail. Nothing else really syncs in the background. Does that seem acceptable to you guys or do you think it could be a dud?