Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: Battery Testimonials

14 Hours and 5 minutes on battery. Mixed 4G and 3G from 730 AM until 630 PM. Switched to Wi-Fi for the rest of the night. I have 46% battery left and that's with 1 hour and 51 minutes of talk time and 2 hours and 50 minutes of screen on time. I used little bit of YouTube and surfed the web for a while. A bit of text messaging mixed in there too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Just about 14 hours, 30 minutes on battery. Mostly 4G with some WiFi. Still have 54% battery left. The screen is still being a hog though. It was responsbiel for 41% of all power used and was on for 2 hours 24 minutes. That was with it on AutoBrightness. Makes me wonder if I cranked it down to about 25% how much longer the battery would last.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Still going strong...I wonder if it will make it through day two?

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1350990757546.jpg  

HES: brightness at 75% wifi mostly on and.GPS mostly.off. Disabled location services in maps. Disabled auto update in weatherbug and in scoremobile. That's about it. Now on second charge will see if there are any changes.

I have been documenting the battery for a few days now.. I start at 4-5am and it lasts with extensive streaming of last.FM and minimal wifi I get over 21-24hrs... I surf a lot as well. Use battery indicator app to check which apps are running and close them. Display on auto bright. Managing apps and closing ones not used helps

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Got 21 hours yesterday. Would have been more but I was at a concert recording like a fool lol. Literally like 45 minutes total

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Still going strong on day two!

Amazing!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351010823549.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Still going strong on day two!

Amazing!

Ha, these Snapdragon processors sure are efficient. The original Maxx was great but this is outstanding!

Wow...I've been running mine down to dead every day...BUT I've also been getting 6+ hours of screen on time. I'll take it. With some conservation on my part it wouldn't be running down to dead but I've been purposely trying to push it as much as possible. So even though I have access to chargers to top it off, I don't.
    jtl

What do you guys think about this for battery life (compared to yours)? The screen-on time was 4 hours 15 minutes, 1.5 hours of voice calls, mostly wi-fi (with 3 hours of 4G)...all maps location sharing disabled, etc. Also, I found it VERY odd that when it 15%, I rebooted the phone, and then it bumped back up to 18%!...seems like it could be acting a little off to me. Thoughts?
    Battery Testimonials-screenshot_2012-10-23-18-36-24.png
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Still rocking it!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351042314963.jpg   Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351042328064.jpg  
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Plugging in now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351047898022.jpg  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Light, moderate, or heavy usage? 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, or no data and how much approximately of each? Screen brightness at auto? Any applications such as Twitter updating periodically? All of this matters and may help others understand better as to why you get this and they may not.
    Well for those with older phones. We can only dream of these numbers. My SGS2 was unplugged at 5:10. I turned on bluetooth and data then went out and shopped until around 7:00. I got home but realized I didn't turn on wifi until now which is 8:15 and I am now at 84%. I have done almost nothing on my phone yet I am down 15%.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Plugging in now.

So this would be 39 hours? Mind boggling. I feel like an iPhone user who just found out their headphone jack is on the bottom. Lol.

Android Evangelist
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    So this would be 39 hours? Mind boggling. I feel like an iPhone user who just found out their headphone jack is on the bottom. Lol.

Yeah, ended up at 39 hours and 50 minutes. And this it's coming from a guy who has always struggled to get a smart phone to last in to the early afternoon.

My old RAZR, despite charging it in the dock for my 45 minute commute and having battery optimizing smart actions, couldn't make it the 8 hours of the work day without it dying.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Yeah, ended up at 39 hours and 50 minutes. And this it's coming from a guy who has always struggled to get a smart phone to last in to the early afternoon.

My old RAZR, despite charging it in the dock for my 45 minute commute and having battery optimizing smart actions, couldn't make it the 8 hours of the work day without it dying.

This is wonderful. I think all manufacturers need to take a lesson from Motorola. HTC especially. The last survey on AC had longer battery life as the number one requested feature. Why can't we get it in all phones?

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:

This is wonderful. I think all manufacturers need to take a lesson from Motorola. HTC especially. The last survey on AC had longer battery life as the number one requested feature. Why can't we get it in all phones?

I am not certain but I think Motorola had some sort of Patent on this style of battery in an enclosed device. No idea though as there should be no reason for others to not follow suite if this isn't true.

badbrad17 likes this.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

This is wonderful. I think all manufacturers need to take a lesson from Motorola. HTC especially. Why can't we get it in all phones?

I don't need it in all phones, I've got it in this one! I do agree, however, that everyone else needs to up their game in that department.

johnriii, badbrad17 and revtech like this.

OK...maybe I'm missing something but how do you post pictures from your phone. I clicked on the little photo icon but another window pops up and I can't get it centered on my phone. if anyone can help please let me know thanks
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Hold down the power button and lower volume button down at the same time to take a screenshot.

i have the screenshots, just cant get them in the "post" from my phone. No matter. I'll do it from computer instead. see below.
    the "plateau" was sleep mode overnight. I didnt use wifi or bluetooth at all. only used GPS for 5 minutes. Not as good as DanH though.
    Last edited by msc728; 10-24-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Battery Testimonials-screenshot_2012-10-24-15-22-35.pngBattery Testimonials-screenshot_2012-10-24-16-03-37.pngBattery Testimonials-screenshot_2012-10-24-15-22-24.pngBattery Testimonials-screenshot_2012-10-24-15-22-18.png

This is from my first charge out of box. On 4g 95% of time streaming slacker about 3 hours straight and moderate web browsing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351130731367.jpg   Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351130744889.jpg  
    Last edited by smartphonedude; 10-24-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351130869665.jpg  
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

I used the GPS today and yeah, it chewed up the battery a fair bit but that is to be expected.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast