Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Battery Testimonials

This is a Razr battery orgy.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Dang y'all don't use your phones enough lol I kid I kid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Mind you this is a gs2 skyrocket lol and was a so so run for me not my best but not my worst on a stock battery lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351147502408.jpg   Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351147517553.jpg  

Battery 25% with 1d 18 hr 43m
    probably 50/50 wifi and 4g
    screen set to auto
    Smart actions set to shut everything down as the screen times out.
    I'm also connected to a network extender. Kind of wondering if that's helping the battery too.
    There's another thread that talks about disabling apps. I used most of them and that really helped too. I have tried to take a screen capture but it doesn't seem to work for me. Not really sure why. I probably disabled something that's stopping me from doing it.

This has to be one of the best forums to exchange info and ideas. I really appreciate all I have learned.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

i have about the same stats as you except ive been running on battery for 1 day 3 hours and have 31% left. interesting

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Still going strong...I wonder if it will make it through day two?

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Gonna Switch mine out for another Maxx today. My battery life isn't ad good as what it should be

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

thinking of doing the same. only have 7 days left of my 14...my only fear is to exchange and get worse!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

Wow, I didn't expect this thread to take off so fast. I'm impressed by the numbers we're all getting! My battery life has never hit the fifties coming off of a full charge and making it through 90 minutes of 4g LTE browsing and display time and about 9 or 10 hours otherwise of standby every day. Loving it!

Edit: I have a smart action set up for extreme battery saving when I hit below 25%. I don't think I'll ever need it...

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts

On second full charge. Been up 2 days, 7 hours and 49 minutes and have 36% life left.
    WCK
    Thanked by:
    Eclipse2K likes this.

I have found that Tasker will not let the phone sleep. I have disabled it and simply used Smart Actions which WILL let the phone sleep. This has dramatically increased battery life. I'm not getting the 2 days like some people, but my 4G coverage is poor in my house. I have implemented a smart action to disable Mobile Data when the WiFi is connected. This has helped as well.

I am noticing that sometimes the WiFi will sporadically connect/disconnect. I am running an enterprise WiFi solution in my house and not a Linksys or Netgear. It doesn't always happen, but it still bothersome. I like the fact that it is an 802.11an 40MHz solution which ROCKS!

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts

Updated. Finally figured out how to take a screenshot.

Battery Testimonials-screenshot_2012-10-26-18-14-41.png
    WCK

Here are some screenshots.

Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351292589407.jpg
    Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351292613251.jpg
    Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351292627779.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by unw1red View Post
    I have found that Tasker will not let the phone sleep. I have disabled it and simply used Smart Actions which WILL let the phone sleep. This has dramatically increased battery life. I'm not getting the 2 days like some people, but my 4G coverage is poor in my house. I have implemented a smart action to disable Mobile Data when the WiFi is connected. This has helped as well.

I am noticing that sometimes the WiFi will sporadically connect/disconnect. I am running an enterprise WiFi solution in my house and not a Linksys or Netgear. It doesn't always happen, but it still bothersome. I like the fact that it is an 802.11an 40MHz solution which ROCKS!
    What is tasker? I am not seeing it in my apps. When you turn off mobile data, does that affect your ability to turn off text messages?

Quote Originally Posted by unw1red View Post
    [snip]...I am noticing that sometimes the WiFi will sporadically connect/disconnect. I am running an enterprise WiFi solution in my house and not a Linksys or Netgear. It doesn't always happen, but it still bothersome. I like the fact that it is an 802.11an 40MHz solution which ROCKS!
    You are not alone with the sporadic wifi disconnects. I started a thread and I believe there is one other on here about it. I'm very concerned as I can't seem to resolve the issue and we are all using different routers (I'm using an Airport Extreme).

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

No screen shots, but I got the Maxx last night. First time after full charge: 30 percent left, 19 hours and 35 minutes off charger, screen time 4 hours 22 minutes. After using my Thunderbolt for 19 months, I'm ecstatic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

I had a chance to run a Full charge to almost dead test.

Mixed WiFi, 3G and 4G. Screen brightness on auto, 30 sec shut off. ALOT of text, web browsing, twitter, facebook, few calls, youtube. My signal is very poor at my house so it struggled at times, will probably have better battery life once they send the extender.

This phone is a BEAST!

Battery Testimonials-screenshot_2012-10-28-21-29-16.png

Best battery life period. With 95%4g usage.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351559368077.jpg   Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351559378716.jpg  

When I got my MaxxHD I waited for the battery to totally die before charging. I then charged to 100% and since then the battery life has been insane.

This past weekend I took it off the charger on Friday morning and didn't put it back on until Sunday night. I used the phone over the weekend and was surprised when it would barely drop after taxing it with music, downloads and video. When I finally put it on the charger Sunday my battery was at 15%.

Coming from a TBolt where I would have to keep a charger at hand, this is awesome. The battery life alone is enough to say I will keep this phone. Although, the more I use it the better I like it and I'm glad I picked it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Who? and djdougd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrexAndroid View Post
    When I got my MaxxHD I waited for the battery to totally die before charging. I then charged to 100% and since then the battery life has been insane.

This past weekend I took it off the charger on Friday morning and didn't put it back on until Sunday night. I used the phone over the weekend and was surprised when it would barely drop after taxing it with music, downloads and video. When I finally put it on the charger Sunday my battery was at 15%.

Coming from a TBolt where I would have to keep a charger at hand, this is awesome. The battery life alone is enough to say I will keep this phone. Although, the more I use it the better I like it and I'm glad I picked it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    You didn't need to drain the battery to get it's full effect. I never do this and my battery life is insane. Ni-Ion batteries had a memory for battery level that would decrease if you failed to do this. But Lithium-Ion does not suffer from this.
    Stang68 and Channan like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

has anyone read what the manufacturer recommends for charging procedures?

Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    has anyone read what the manufacturer recommends for charging procedures?
    Lithium-Ion batteries do not change from one device to another. Charge it as often as you want and/or can. There is no memory loss or training now a days. A Lithium-Ion has approximately 500 charging cycles in it. That means from 0%-100% is one charge and from 50%-100% is half a charge cycle. There is no benefit to completely draining the battery before charging. Why regret not charging it one night when it does not matter?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    djdougd likes this.

this is absolutely WONDERFUL news!!! I still have my T-bolt, but the maxx hd is my next phone, and I don't upgrade until July. by then I should be getting it much cheaper than $299.00...yep, I'm drooling over this battery life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    You didn't need to drain the battery to get it's full effect. I never do this and my battery life is insane. Ni-Ion batteries had a memory for battery level that would decrease if you failed to do this. But Lithium-Ion does not suffer from this.
    Old habits die hard I guess.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I took my new Maxx HD to a conference the weekend after I got it. Sat at a table with a bunch of guys using iPhones in those huge thick battery-booster cases. After conference, we hit night clubs. At 1 am my phone was at 60%, iPhone guys had nothing, even with battery cases. Charged overnight. Next day, at meetings, I ran DirecTV Sunday Ticket for a couple of hours, battery got down to 80%. Lots of people looking at football over my shoulder. I felt like I was was in a Moto commercial (or DirecTV). Traded up from a Bionic. What a difference.
    johnriii likes this.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast