Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery Testimonials

I don't feel I am getting the battery life I should be getting. I know I am not getting what most of you are getting. If I choose to return it, what do I say? Just "I don't feel that this battery is working correctly?"

advice please

So here's a strange thing. I've had two weeks of crazy battery life. Always lasting well more than 24 hours, including up through last night when I put it back on charger after 48 hours and 15% battery life still left (this was after an admittedly very light weekend of usage, but still very impressive). This morning. I took it off charge and noticed early on that the battery was draining very quickly, even with little use. I'm now at 14 hours with 30% battery left with only 57 minutes of screen time and 20 minutes phone time. The highest usage indicated is for email which has taken 30% of battery life. Email has never shown up as a large user before.

The only change I have made is turning on face unlock last night, but I don't think that should be impacting too much. I did find that all update choices on my gmail account were active, although I don't use gmail much, mostly exchange server. So I turned those all off. Map locator is off, as is GPS.

Another strange thing I noticed this morning is that the battery widget was showing a different % usage than the battery settings screen, and the weather widget wasn't working, (wouldn't flip). Rebooted and they both seemed to work fine.

I'm going to recharge tonight and try with facee unlock off and gmail updates disabled. Anyone have any other ideas?

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Coming from a Gnex with extended battery. At the end of a 10h shift I would usually be down 50% or below. Today, first day with the RMHD I was at 83%!!! Insane life!

Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351831050598.jpg

One week with the phone and I must say I am impressed and very pleased.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

I'm not sure I'm getting the battery life I should be either. I just got my phone yesterday and today is the first day of use after charging it last night. I've used it for almost 5 hours and I'm down to 71%. Does that seen normal?

Quote Originally Posted by humfybogurt View Post
    I'm not sure I'm getting the battery life I should be either. I just got my phone yesterday and today is the first day of use after charging it last night. I've used it for almost 5 hours and I'm down to 71%. Does that seen normal?
    It depends on how much "use" or idle time. I have also found that the battery takes a few charge cycles to get full life from it. Finally it depends on your cellular reception, 3G or 4G, wifi or not. Wifi uses less juice than mobile data. Lower reception is a battery killer.

You can download the GSAM app which will give you a good look at what's using battery.
    Current Devices:

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

It would depend how much you're using it I guess. Was the screen on most of that time?

Mine has had 2 full charges so far and has lasted about 30 hours on each on moderate to heavier usage (except overnight).

I don't know how to attach the screen shot I took.

I don't know how to attach the screen shot I took.
    If you are using the AC forums app you can click on the camera icon in the reply screen. That will lead to the Galley where you can select your screen shot.
    Current Devices:

Ok here's my screen shot. Seems like it's draining quickly.

Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351901164364.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

Default Battery Testimonials

The screen uses more battery than anything else. If you have been using your new toy a lot, battery drain is to be expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:

According to GSAM my two biggest drains are my screen at 70% and my apps at 28%. However my screen is only set to Dim and the app using most of my power is the downloads/media app at 7.6%

Quote Originally Posted by Ohleo View Post
    I am starting to get that beastly battery life now. I am at 5 hours with 86 percent yet

Did you change anything to start getting that beastly battery life? This is my first full day of use after charging it to 100% and after 12 hrs I'm already down to 33%.

Ok here's my screen shot. Seems like it's draining quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351901164364.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	44485

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums
    What's the actual on screen time? Do you use the Circle Widget? That's known to cause screen time.

Also, check all applications for their update intervals.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

My screen time yesterday was about over 6 hrs. Today it seems slightly better my screen time is a little over an hour and at just over 3 1/2 hrs of use I'm down to 86%.

Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351972707420.jpg

According to GSAM I'm averaging about 18 hrs of use since yesterday. I'm hoping that gets better.

Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351972951175.jpg

I did better on my tbolt with extended battery.

4:30 in calls almost 2 hrs screen...not too shabby

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1351975161466.jpg  
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Dont have pics, but the phone passed the text I waited for. 12 hours in the woods, a little GPS, not blue tooth, G3 only. Battery only dropped 17% in that time.

I picked up my Maxx HD about a week and a half ago and so far the battery has been an absolute beast. I had an "X" before and I had the extended battery. I would consider myself a light to medium user but of course with the set up and downloading of apps and just playing with my new toy, I used battery more than I would normally, and it's still a beast. I probably didn't need the maxx but I feel it's better to have to much and not need it than to have to little and need it. I'm sure I'll have no problem going 2-3 days with my normal usage.

One side note, When I use GPS, I always have it plugged it to my car charger. It does charge but very slowly. What I'm saying is that the car charger barely keeps up with the battery usage when using GPS. This is because the phone is constantly using the GPS receiver and the phone is constantly updating the Google maps.

A little info that I've learned about batteries in the last couple months. The maxx HD has a Litium-ion polymer battery. Part of the reason Motorola used this battery is because it doesn't require a hard case and as such it is somewhat soft and it's for this reason the battery in not user replaceable. Being that the battery is soft it can fit into odd shaped cavities and therefore you can have a bigger battery that doesn't take up as much space as a normal "hard cased" battery. This allows the manufacturer to have a bigger battery (mAh wise) and keep the overall phone size a small as possible.

Also there is some thought the Lit-ion Polymer batteries can have up to 1000 charging cycles and still retain 80% of its ability to retain a charge. The Litium-ion battery is certified for 500 charging cycles and retains 80%.

A charging cycle is considered from 100% to 0% and back to100%. So if you recharge your battery when it gets down to 50%, (100% to 50% to 100%) you could do this cycle twice and it would be considered 1 charging cycle. The polymer battery does not have any memory retention and as such does not require "training" so to speak.

For anyone interested here is a website that has more info about batteries than you can "shake a stick at".

Now I'm just patiently waiting for the release of my next smartphone sometime in the Summer of 2014!
    dirkbonn
    The government can't give you anything until it first takes it from someone else.
    Thanked by:

Here's my latest. Mix of wifi and 3/4g. Stationary I can hold 4g but traveling switches to 3g about 1/2 of the time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1352129787916.jpg  

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Just plugged mine in after 58 hours and 14% remaining of light to moderate use. I didn't think I needed this size battery, but I think I was just conditioned to always having my phone around a charger. Now that I see the kind of life you can get out of the phone with the bigger battery, I don't think I would want to go back.

Not heavy usage by any means but this battery is unbeatable. I left for work at 8AM and by the time I left my battery was still 90%.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1352359674098.jpg  

I had downloaded the Chicago Bears application and the push notifications drained my battery horribly. My phone was at 9% after 16 hours. After I uninstalled, my battery is back to the average of 70% to 80% by days end. Amazing what some applications will do.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast