Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Default Battery Testimonials

Are the crazy battery numbers on 4G or 3G?

Trying to decide on this and S3.

Default Re: Battery Testimonials

I was curious if anybody is having issues with slightly increased battery drain after charging phone to 100% and then once I power it down and power back up the battery seems to drain like it normally does.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Mine is pretty much always on 4g.

I have the smart actions set that when my screen times out it shuts all connections down. It still allows calls and text messages. Juice defender also works. I easily get 50+ hours.
    Usually a mix of 3/4g and wifi. I would guess 3g 25%/4g 50%/and 25% wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1352561699413.jpg   Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1352561717963.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    Are the crazy battery numbers on 4G or 3G?

Trying to decide on this and S3.
    Mostly 4G with a little Wi-Fi. 12 of the 17 hours on average are 4G

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mobrules View Post
    I have the smart actions set that when my screen times out it shuts all connections down. It still allows calls and text messages. Juice defender also works. I easily get 50+ hours.
    Usually a mix of 3/4g and wifi. I would guess 3g 25%/4g 50%/and 25% wifi.

This may sound like a dumb question but I am getting this phone this coming Saturday (17 Nov 12) and this is my first dealing with the smart actions and Motorola for that matter. I am coming from the Thunderbolt so could you be specific on what "all connections" you turned off on screen timeout so that you can still get calls and texts?

Thanks
    Last edited by RetiredJedi; 11-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.

No that's a great question actually.

The smart actions app will allow you to set up several actions. I have triggers that when my screen times out and I am unplugged, it turns off all data connections. Background sync shuts off, brightness is set to smart, gps shuts off and mobil data shuts down.
    All calls and texts still come through. I don't see the point of a bunch of apps running in the background unless I choose them to. Plus 3 days of battery life is awesome. I attached a screenshot. I would guess I was connected 50% wifi, 40% 4g, and 10% 3g.
    I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions, glad to help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Testimonials-uploadfromtaptalk1352770928301.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    johnriii likes this.

No that's a great question actually.

The smart actions app will allow you to set up several actions. I have triggers that when my screen times out and I am unplugged, it turns off all data connections. Background sync shuts off, brightness is set to smart, gps shuts off and mobil data shuts down.
    All calls and texts still come through. I don't see the point of a bunch of apps running in the background unless I choose them to. Plus 3 days of battery life is awesome. I attached a screenshot. I would guess I was connected 50% wifi, 40% 4g, and 10% 3g.
    I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions, glad to help.
    I must not understand why so many are against charging each night. I would rather leave data on and get a day.

bgl321 and edneum2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I must not understand why so many are against charging each night. I would rather leave data on and get a day.
    Why not get 3 days if you can. For me it was the whole reason to buy this phone. Battery life, build quality and screen size. These were the most important things in that order.

My battery is always still over 70% when I get home from work around 6 PM. That's pretty cool. Having that overkill battery makes you not have to worry about it at all, which is nice.

Why not get 3 days if you can. For me it was the whole reason to buy this phone. Battery life, build quality and screen size. These were the most important things in that order.
    I agree with you on the top three things but I just want the battery to guarantee a whole day no matter how I use it. As long as I don't need to find a charger while I'm out it's okay. That's why I charge at night - so I never worry.
    Thanked by:
    johnriii likes this.

I agree with you on the top three things but I just want the battery to guarantee a whole day no matter how I use it. As long as I don't need to find a charger while I'm out it's okay. That's why I charge at night - so I never worry.
    I agree with that!!!!!!!

Is anyone running several widgets simultaneously with automatic updates? Has anyone tried to push the boundary on just how much you can use the phone in a single day without a charge

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OMG!!!! I cannot WAIT to get this phone. the HTC DNA, while it has great specs, ruined it with the battery being so small. I work two jobs, so I do not have constant access to a charger all day long. not to mention, 4.7 is the largest screen I ever want to get on a smartphone. anything larger, it's gonna be a tablet. it's gonna be a long 7 months for me.....
    Thanked by:
    djdougd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    OMG!!!! I cannot WAIT to get this phone. the HTC DNA, while it has great specs, ruined it with the battery being so small. I work two jobs, so I do not have constant access to a charger all day long. not to mention, 4.7 is the largest screen I ever want to get on a smartphone. anything larger, it's gonna be a tablet. it's gonna be a long 7 months for me.....
    I really love this phone as it's my link to my life lol.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    I got mine today and so far I LOVE IT!!!! Getting all of the updates and spending time getting stuff like I like it used some battery. I got the phone and it was around 40% out of the box and I danced around 25-30% all day messing with it I didn't fell nervous that I would run low on battery before I got home. It's a pretty awesome phone!
    djdougd likes this.

23+ hours and only down to 23%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OK...you all have convinced me to get this phone...coming from a TBolt...I can't wait to not having to be attached to a charger, better fit phone, the bigger screen size and Jellybean!!!...March cannot get here fast enough!!

Have had mine for about 2-3 weeks now and have been extremely impressed with the battery life. I just don't understand why other companies haven't started focusing on battery life way before. I am able to keep GPS on and use widgets and still get 1d 12hr with 8hrs screen time! My bionic was 10hrs with 2-3hrs screen time.. That was with GPS and a lot of power management.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I'm totally careless about stuff that will unnecessarily drain the battery, have a bunch of widgets, and various things syncing automatically, and I still always have 60%+ and usually more when I get home from work. It's very nice for times when I have plans after work - I know I'll definitely have plenty of charge left to get in touch with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    I'm totally careless about stuff that will unnecessarily drain the battery, have a bunch of widgets, and various things syncing automatically, and I still always have 60%+ and usually more when I get home from work. It's very nice for times when I have plans after work - I know I'll definitely have plenty of charge left to get in touch with people.
    That is the true beauty of this phone, and what I try to convey to others considering it. You can run all the stuff you want, not have to do all these power management battery saving things, and still get more than a full days use out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    That is the true beauty of this phone, and what I try to convey to others considering it. You can run all the stuff you want, not have to do all these power management battery saving things, and still get more than a full days use out of it!
    I think people often don't realize just how much having more-than-enough battery power affects the experience of using a phone throughout the day.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    I think people often don't realize just how much having more-than-enough battery power affects the experience of using a phone throughout the day.
    That's exactly right, and the problem is that you can't realize it until you experience it. It's the true essence of freedom.

My girlfriend's razr maxx hd was on wifi for 12 hours today with moderate use. 87% left. That's a heck of a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    Thats my thing and exactly why I wanted the maxx. I even run auto brightness and generally never have to worry about battery - its a great feeling. Also I travel a lot for work so being away from a charger for 14+ hours is awesome.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast